The Student Room Group

Easter Holidays Revision AS/A levels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amethysst
I'm still worried though!
only started revision yesterday.. i'm hoping all these mindmaps/summaries already done, will help me..

Ofcourse they will :smile: I do ICT as well and I don't think I'll have time to write up notes for it. I might just read the book and try past papers and hopefully get high UMS :P
Reply 41
I quit my job this weekend yay! More time for revision (although that's not the main reason I quit haha) Today I've done two chemistry unit 2 papers, worked on wave theory questions in physics and I'm just about to do an fp1 paper. If you don't like working in silence, 8tracks have some pretty good playlists to study with. I have my mock exams this week ugh ahhh. *gulp*
Reply 42
Original post by Bloxorus
UCL offer :wink:

Well done on your offer! What do you plan on studying at university? :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by _Caz_
Well done on your offer! What do you plan on studying at university? :smile:

Thanks, economics :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by Bloxorus
Thanks, economics :biggrin:

Niice. I hope you get the grades you need to get in :smile: Good luck with revision and stuff
Reply 45
Original post by _Caz_
Niice. I hope you get the grades you need to get in :smile: Good luck with revision and stuff

Thanks, you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing like 5 hours a day, and thats a real push for me, I dont know how people do 8 hours even if it is with breaks
Reply 47
unit 2 psychology edexcel anyone?
Good luck to my younger TSR brethrens doing their A-level exams.

A-level exams are very tough but once you get to uni, you will soon realise how stressful A-level exams are. So much exam technique for Biology for example.

I hope you lot get the grades you want/need :h:
Reply 49
Original post by Arsenal4Eva
I'm doing like 5 hours a day, and thats a real push for me, I dont know how people do 8 hours even if it is with breaks

Haha I'll let you know what I end up doing - I think five hours a day is pretty decent to be fair, there's no point in revising for the sake of it, you have to actually take the stuff in so five hours of decent revision is better than 8 hours of not-so-good revision.

Good luck and let me know how it goes! :smile:
I will start with some light revision. My AS resit first. I normally study for about 4 hours on one topic then leave that alone. Next day, revision test of that topic then start a new topic. That's how my brain works. I can't revise for different subjects in one day, it puts me off.
I do an hour or an hour and a half followed by half an hour for as long as i can take it . Usually results in about 7/8 hours.
find that if i do an hour as soon as i wake up it breaks everything up nicely :biggrin:
I want to do as much revision as I possibly can each day, but making sure I revise equally for each of my subjects and at the same time trying not to over do it. :P
Reply 53
Out of interest, where do people revise? Do you do it home/at the library etc
I feel like if I stayed at home revising 7-8 hours straight even with breaks I'd go mad! How do you stay sane if you know what I mean:tongue:
And so it begins...
And so it begins
Reply 56
I revise in an office at home most the time, I do 45 minutes work then a 15 minute break and that works quite well. My concentration level only lasts like 45 minutes tops, don't know how people revise for hours on end without breaks. In a day I probably do about 5-6 hours... so bored of it now though!
I'm revising for A level mocks at the moment (Psychology OCR, English Lot AQA, Geography WJEC)
I'm trying to do at least 4 hours a day but mostly around 6 if I can!
Majorly stressing at the moment!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest