The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

justfarhan
Not at all. israel was founded on terrorism, and are still committing terrorist acts even now.

However, your comment was pathetic. Then again - all your comments are :confused: Which is why you run around deleting your posts.

And the Palestinians aren't? They may not have been founded on terrorism - but that's history which is centuries old and not even applicable to the current situation. The State of Palestine is far more involved with terrorism. It's even run by a party recognised by most nations and organisations to not only condone terrorism, but actively take part in it - Hamas.

So what, exactly, is your point in bringing up terrorism? Surely if support of terrorism was a reason to not recognise a nation as such, then Palestine would have less right to exist than Israel?
Reply 81
I support the side who proposes to bulldoze the Middle-East because it's just a very argumentative pain in the arse. :mad:
Much like a really huge zit.
1984 has a point because i just read some of your posts aobut how Israle should be destroyed, i cant help but see you complety hate Israel, you know its possible to support your side with out wishing death to the other, you dont hear me saying this to you, i dont have any problem with you...other then what you are saying.
*titanium*
1984 has a point because i just read some of your posts aobut how Israle should be destroyed, i cant help but see you complety hate Israel, you know its possible to support your side with out wishing death to the other, you dont hear me saying this to you, i dont have any problem with you...other then what you are saying.

Nice use of emotive language. I never said Israel should be destroyed, nor did I wish death upon Israel. I simply said Israel doesn't have a right to exist, and there is a large difference.
you said wiped out, i just wasnt sure if i was spelling whiped or wiped so i wrote destroyed which means a very simular thing.

So anyway, why does it not have a right to exsist then? because going by the arguments i have heard, you could use them to conclude no country has a right to exsist.
*titanium*
you said wiped out, i just wasnt sure if i was spelling whiped or wiped so i wrote destroyed which means a very simular thing.

So anyway, why does it not have a right to exsist then? because going by the arguments i have heard, you could use them to conclude no country has a right to exsist.

Because it exists in place of another country, namely Palestine.

It's spelt 'wiped', by the way.
and there is archeological evidence about the past that before it was palestine, it was a jewish state. So you can aruge it both ways, you cant have your cake and eat it, we both support diffrent sides and thats not going to change, i just think some of the stuff said was a bit much
*titanium*
and there is archeological evidence about the past that before it was palestine, it was a jewish state. So you can aruge it both ways, you cant have your cake and eat it, we both support diffrent sides and thats not going to change, i just think some of the stuff said was a bit much

And before it was a Jewish state, it was Canaan, and the Canaanites are the ancestors of today's Palestinians. If you want to go back in history, don't just go back 2000 years and stop. Go all the way.
the sources i have seen say that The archeological record indicates that the Jewish people evolved out of native Cana'anite peoples and that the bible says they invaded. I guess its just a matter of which you want to belive.
NSiky
And the Palestinians aren't? They may not have been founded on terrorism - but that's history which is centuries old and not even applicable to the current situation. The State of Palestine is far more involved with terrorism. It's even run by a party recognised by most nations and organisations to not only condone terrorism, but actively take part in it - Hamas.

So what, exactly, is your point in bringing up terrorism? Surely if support of terrorism was a reason to not recognise a nation as such, then Palestine would have less right to exist than Israel?
Do you agree that israel carry out terrorist acts?
They're both gay really.
TheThirdMan
I think the argument about israel having no right to be there is stupid. Why do you say that? Because britain took it away from palestinians and gave it to them? All countries have been made by war and the death of hundreds. very rarely is a country made on peaceful terms with everyone happy, in fact, i can't think of one instance. Israel has a right to be there like every other country in the world has a right to be there.

No it doesn't.

Israel was created because people felt sympathy with the Jews. No country should be a homeland for any religion.

There were already non-Jews living there and this is the source of the ENTIRE problem!!!:biggrin:
numero sept
No it doesn't.

Israel was created because people felt sympathy with the Jews. No country should be a homeland for any religion.

There were already non-Jews living there and this is the source of the ENTIRE problem!!!:biggrin:

Thats a false argument seeing that less then half of the Jews in the world live in Israel, you are complaining because Israel has a Jewish majority, well suprise but most countries have a large majority of one religion and in Israel the majority is not even all that large at about 60%
So?

There is no need for a Jewish state. Britain has a Christian majority, but we are a not state designed to be a Christian homeland.
numero sept
So?

There is no need for a Jewish state. Britain has a Christian majority, but we are a not state designed to be a Christian homeland.

why dont you explain why there is no reason?
Erm, he just did. :confused:
Just so.

Since there were already non-Jews living there, it's foolish to create a Jewish state, simply because the Torah says so.
Reply 97
numero sept
So?

I apologise, but that is absolute rubbish!

Firstly, Britain has a agnostic/atheist majority. Secondly, I don't think the Bible prophecies' about a Christian homeland, in the same way that the Torah does. Thirdly, and most importantly, Christians have not been persecuted over the thousands of years like the Jewish have been.
Bergen
i mainly suport israel because of the suffering enduring by israeli people due to terrorism. i was in london when 7/7 happend, and i can only sympathsie wit the israelis who have to live with that one a regular basis.

i didnt know palestinians commited 7/7:confused:

wow i learn something knew everyday :biggrin:

heres israel forcing a humanitarian crisis, killing 34 children in one bomb and israelis have it bad ?
Reply 99
No side has the right to hurt the popular.
The war is a mistake.

Latest

Trending

Trending