The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Anyone studying Psychology Degree September 14

Hey guys :smile:
Just wondering who is starting coventry uni this September to study Psychology because I am too :smile: was hoping to get to know some people make some friends :smile:

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yea. I firmed my offer for psychology in coventry.
Did you apply for accommodation yet?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by Nav95
yea. I firmed my offer for psychology in coventry.
Did you apply for accommodation yet?

Awwh wow that's brilliant :smile: my real name is Harpreet how are you? :smile:

Not yet I want to but I'm waiting for accommodation team to contact me back because I emailed them asking if I could live into accommodation rather than commute fingers crossed :P

Are you living in student accommodation or commuting?

Oh and (sorry for the questions) did you attend the applicant/open day last Saturday for psychology in the Richard Crossman building - psychology group A :smile:
Reply 3
My real name is Nav. I am living in accommodation because I come from liverpool. Are you living in Coventry?
I haven't booked the accommodation yet.
I couldn't attend the applicant day.
I was hoping to find someone doing the same course for weeks but couldn't find anyone.
I am sooo excited. :smile:
Original post by Nav95
My real name is Nav. I am living in accommodation because I come from liverpool. Are you living in Coventry?
I haven't booked the accommodation yet.
I couldn't attend the applicant day.
I was hoping to find someone doing the same course for weeks but couldn't find anyone.
I am sooo excited. :smile:

Lol me too that's what I'm most nervous about is not making any friends on the same course :smile: I received my email back and they said I am able to apply for accommodation I'm more likey to apply for accommodation maybe next week :smile: what halls of residents you looking at? I'm thinking maybe liberty living or callice court (I want a ensuit bathroom) when are you going to apply for accommodation?

Do you have any social network? I have Facebook, instragram and twitter :smile:
Reply 5
I was looking to apply to callice too because of the same reason (ensuite bathroom). One of my friend got an accommodation in callice this week.
I am going to apply for accommodation after the exams.
Gud luck with the accommodation.
I deactivated all of my social network for the sake of exams. Srry
Do you wanna exchange emails or phone number?
Original post by Nav95
I was looking to apply to callice too because of the same reason (ensuite bathroom). One of my friend got an accommodation in callice this week.
I am going to apply for accommodation after the exams.
Gud luck with the accommodation.
I deactivated all of my social network for the sake of exams. Srry
Do you wanna exchange emails or phone number?

Yeah it looks pretty decent :smile: yeah I've got another uni viewing tomorrow so after tomorrow I'll apply for accommodation :smile: thank you and good luck with applying hope you get a room where you want :smile:
awwh it's cool yeah sure i'll private message you my email then I'll email you my number :smile:
Hey guys. I am just finishing my first year of psychology here in cov, and I have to say the course is great. The tutors are really helpful and the course work is not particularly difficult. So if you have any questions about the course or the university feel free to ask!
Original post by BlueDressJess
Hey guys. I am just finishing my first year of psychology here in cov, and I have to say the course is great. The tutors are really helpful and the course work is not particularly difficult. So if you have any questions about the course or the university feel free to ask!

Thank you so much :smile: that is so helpful of you. Yeah I have a few questions what kind of stuff are you learning right now? Because I went to the applicant day last Saturday and the lecturer was talking about statistics and research methods - I want to know more about the topics because they sound difficult :smile:

Do you live at student accommodation or do you commute? - I wanted to ask about freshers how was it? If you commuted or lived there?

What is your timetable like?

And lastly lol :smile: how are the seminars and lecturers?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Happy_Smiles
Thank you so much :smile: that is so helpful of you. Yeah I have a few questions what kind of stuff are you learning right now? Because I went to the applicant day last Saturday and the lecturer was talking about statistics and research methods - I want to know more about the topics because they sound difficult :smile:

Do you live at student accommodation or do you commute? - I wanted to ask about freshers how was it? If you commuted or lived there?

What is your timetable like?

And lastly lol :smile: how are the seminars and lecturers?

Thank you :smile:

We have 6 modules, 3 each semester. I don't know if you will be doing the same modules but we had; Introducing psychology: this is looking at the subject as a whole, basic theories etc., Contemporary applications: different ways of using psychology such as, health, forensic, occupational etc., Discovering psychology: this is a self-learning module, you will be given a psychological 'problem' and have to come up with a solution each week to be presented as a group, Psychology in context: this involves looking at the very beginnings of psychology and human evolution. Then there are two modules in research skills which is teaching you how to write a psychological report and use statistics. For this module there are PC Workshops which teach you how to use the stats programme (SPSS). It does sound a little scary at first but each module is taught very well and you will receive lots of resources and help through Moodle.

I stayed in Singer Hall this year, which was only 5 minutes walk from the university! I enjoyed freshers week, lots to do and lots of people to meet. I bought the freshers pass which grants free access to all uni organised events, but I wouldn't buy one unless you know exactly what events you're going to.

Timetables were good too. Only had one or two 9am starts, also had Wednesday's off (this is usually the day you will do add-vantage classes), and Friday's off too.

Seminars and lectures are generally okay. Can get a bit boring depending on who the lecturer is, but overall they're okay.

Hope I answered your questions :smile:
Hey, I'll be studying it this year. Staying at Liberty park too!
Reply 11
Original post by BlueDressJess

Would you be able to tell us any good books to get that will help us in the course please:smile:
Reply 12
Hi there,
I'll be studying Psychology this year, looking forward to it.
Staying in Priory Halls this year, hoping to get to know some new people before we start :smile:
Hey guys, I'm also studying Psychology at Coventry in September. Im also staying in accommodation but don't have an allocated place yet :frown: I look forward to seeing you all!
Hi!

I will be doing psychology and criminology in september. I am staying in Singer. :-)
Original post by robot-unicorn
Hi!

I will be doing psychology and criminology in september. I am staying in Singer. :-)

Hey! You doing the BA in Psychology or the BSc? :smile:
Original post by PsychologyGeek21
Hey! You doing the BA in Psychology or the BSc? :smile:

Bsc :rolleyes: How about you? I've seen loads of people with Ba version, but not so many Bsc!
BSc! Same here, haven't seen many doing a Bsc in it! Did you take Psychology at A-level? :smile:
Yes, i did it as a part of my matriculation examination (equivalent to A-levels, I am not from the uk) :-) Are you staying in halls?
Original post by Happy_Smiles
Hey guys :smile:
Just wondering who is starting coventry uni this September to study Psychology because I am too :smile: was hoping to get to know some people make some friends :smile:

x

I am :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending