The Student Room Group

Can I look for another university choice in adjustment if ?

Hello!!!

I am just wondering if I could look for another university choice when I enventually miss out my firm offer condition but meet the insurance offer condition?

Thanks.
Reply 1
If you're looking to do a completely different course you're probably better doing clearing.
No, adjustment is only for those who exceed their firm offers.
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
No, adjustment is only for those who exceed their firm offers.

That means I can only go for my insurance choice???
Reply 4
Original post by LukeyJB
If you're looking to do a completely different course you're probably better doing clearing.

How about same course but different school (if I don't want my insurance choice)?
Original post by rfalways
That means I can only go for my insurance choice???

If you are rejected by your firm choice but get accepted by your insurance, then yes - unless you then decline the latter and enter clearing. However, that can take a few days in which many clearing places will have disappeared.
Reply 6
You mean clearing OP, not adjustment.

If you're that sure that you'll miss your firm, why not just firm the uni that you can get into? Or did you not select the uni that you now want to be considered for?

If the latter is the issue, have you thought about whether your preferred course/uni is in Extra at the moment, and perhaps try to get an offer from it at this stage rather than waiting for your results?
Reply 7
If you are rejected by your firm choice but get accepted by your insurance, then yes - unless you then decline the latter and enter clearing. However, that can take a few days in which many clearing places will have disappeared.

I see... In clearing can I go for the course that I used to apply as one of my five UCAS choice?
Reply 8
Original post by Crumpet1
You mean clearing OP, not adjustment.

If you're that sure that you'll miss your firm, why not just firm the uni that you can get into? Or did you not select the uni that you now want to be considered for?

If the latter is the issue, have you thought about whether your preferred course/uni is in Extra at the moment, and perhaps try to get an offer from it at this stage rather than waiting for your results?

Hi! I heard from all my five ucas choices actually which I think it is quite impossible to apply for Extra....

Just worry if I ruin my exam and cannot meet my firm offer condition ...
Original post by rfalways
I see... In clearing can I go for the course that I used to apply as one of my five UCAS choice?

Yes, but given that they have already rejected you that would probably be a waste of time.
Reply 10
Yes, but given that they have already rejected you that would probably be a waste of time.

Thank you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending