The Student Room Group

Do the amount of kisses on a text matter?

Scroll to see replies

I used to be an x person.As I have got older I havn't been as bothered and have noticed a lot of people don't put kisses.For my best friend I put one.But for the last person I saw I put none as he didn't.
Original post by Anonymous
I used to be an 'x' person until I met my boyfriend and now I'm anywhere from 1 kiss to 9 depending on who it is. Friends get 1 and boyfriend gets however many I feel like. Up until recently I always put the exact same amount he did but then he said he didn't really think about how many he put.

I have a couple of questions....

1. Do the number of kisses on a text matter?
2. Do you count the number of kisses to make sure you give the same amount back?
3. If your partner didn't put kisses on the end would you care?

I'm just curious.

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
Reply 22
I try to put some, but it keeps autocorrecting to C... Which just further complicates things as C doesnt even make sense anyway :s-smilie:
hehehehe

I send them everyone lool
Predictive text gives me a line of x's which I use for best friend and boyfriend. Everyone else usually 3 or 4
I've never put a kiss on a text. When people text me with an x at the end I just feel uncomfortable. Would you kiss me after saying that to me in real life? No? Then why do it by text???
It doesn't matter to me, I used to just give everyone one 'x' but then people started getting the wrong idea and thinking I was in love with them :erm: so now it just depends on who I'm texting :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MidnightDream
I doesn't matter to me, I used to just give everyone one 'x' but then people started getting the wrong idea and thinking I was in love with them :erm: so now it just depends on who I'm texting :smile:

Wait, so when a girl texts me and puts a kiss on the end it doesn't mean she loves me?

:cry2:
No they don't really matter. I put them on if someone does when texting me just to be polite. Don't read much into them however. Couldn't care less whether there's an 'x' or an attached image of a kangaroo at the end of each message tbh.
Original post by Solivagant
Wait, so when a girl texts me and puts a kiss on the end it doesn't mean she loves me?

:cry2:

Sorry to burst your bubble :console:
With my close friends I don't bother. They know I love them, why would I need to post an x at the end of my text?

My mum signs texts 'love mum' so in return I put 'love Louise' :P

And acquaintance but not real friend type people get kisses because they put them and it's just texting etiquette.

So basically, the more I like you, the less kisses you get :P

Think I'm doing it backwards.
Original post by Sellsword
I have to hold down 'x' for precisely four seconds after every text otherwise my partner thinks I'm cheating on her (and I am, so I have to be extra careful :cool:).

Haha, this doesnt work for iphones though - only 1 x is produced.
Original post by Reue
I try to put some, but it keeps autocorrecting to C... Which just further complicates things as C doesnt even make sense anyway :s-smilie:

So annoying.. the number of people who have to ask me what cx means is astonishing.

I will send my partner 4, less if I'm in a rush and more if I want something. Everyone else (literally everyone, including my clients) get 2.
I rarely put kisses.:erm:
Reply 35
Original post by Maid Marian
I rarely put kisses.:erm:

Probably because you rarely get texts. Lol.
I think you're overthinking it.
Reply 37
the more a girl sends, the more they de-value.

ie; less is more.
Reply 38
1. No
2. No
3. No

I always put "xoxox" on the ends of texts almost as force of habbit now. It's not really something I sit there debating, many of my friends don't put kisses at the end of their texts, doesn't bother me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending