The Student Room Group

Silly things you believed as a child

I believed that if I cut out the pictures from books the character would come to life :colondollar: so I tried it out with my Barbie books and needless to say my mum wasn't best pleased :laugh:

So what silly things did you believe?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My brothers told me that the creaking our house made was due to skeletons in the loft and if I walked under the loft opening a huge skeletal hand would come out and grab me. Bit annoying seeing as I had to walk under it to go to the toilet.
That cows were sheep and sheep were cows. My family were evil.
That I was a fairy princess and that one day Queen Titania would come and take me back to the Fairy Kingdom so that I could take my rightful place on the throne.
Reply 4
Original post by MidnightDream
I believed that if I cut out the pictures from books the character would come to life :colondollar: so I tried it out with my Barbie books and needless to say my mum wasn't best pleased :laugh:

So what silly things did you believe?

I used to believe that when adults turned 18 they gained the ability to read children's thoughts! I was such a weird child... :confused:
I was actually talking to one of my friends about this and they said they used to think this too! So I do not know where we got this from...
Also, the moon used to follow my car:colondollar:
That I'd grow up to be gorgeous and a guy would fall in love with me and we'd live happily ever after, yadda yadda.
Oh Marian :facepalm:
I thought I was in some way magical, although I wasn't entirely sure how it was going to manifest itself. My logic was as follows:

1) My dad is really tall. (He is, actually.)
2) My dad is a giant.
3) Giants are magical.
4) Magic runs in families.

QED.
That adults never used to sleep :s
Reply 8
That life as an adult was all fun and games :lol:
Original post by Maid Marian
That I'd grow up to be gorgeous and a guy would fall in love with me and we'd live happily ever after, yadda yadda.

Don't worry, it will happen.

Even though the likeliness gets less and less everyday, I still have hope..
Reply 10
That my Cupid's Bow was there because god made me (us) from clay, and so wanted to see if I was dry and ready.
Ooo that teachers lived at school :laugh:

Then I saw a teacher at Sainsbury's and was horrified.
Reply 12
Thought when I grew up I could choose to be a different animal... really wanted to be a whale for some reason :biggrin:
Leeds Utd are good. Lol, how wrong was I.

I guess Santa would be a popular answer, although I never believed in him. Even as a small child I found the concept of Santa Claus a bit ridiculous.

Although I was very persistent in trying to communicate telepathically with my dog.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Don't worry, it will happen.

Even though the likeliness gets less and less everyday, I still have hope..

It's too late to grow up to be gorgeous :nopity:
I'm surprised god hasn't come up yet.
It's too late to grow up to be gorgeous :nopity:

Noooooo it's not.

Shoulders down, chest out and strut strut strut!

You are 18 right?

Not time for the midlife crisis quite yet :tongue:
Original post by Silver Arrows
I guess Santa would be a popular answer, although I never believed in him. Even as a small child I found the concept of Santa Claus a bit ridiculous.

I thought it was creepy that an old fat man came into my house, through my chimney no less, and left me presents. I was always told not to accept candy from strangers, but it's OK to accept presents from them??
That if you pulled funny faces out of a car window in the wind your face would stay like it.

:unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending