The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Creative Writing Applicants 2014

Hey all, I'm hoping to go to Bath Spa in September to start a Creative Writing degree and I'm really excited! Is there anyone else hoping to go and who wants to meet other potential students?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ageofsmiles
Hey all, I'm hoping to go to Bath Spa in September to start a Creative Writing degree and I'm really excited! Is there anyone else hoping to go and who wants to meet other potential students?

Just firmed my offer for Creative writing/publishing at Bath Spa for 2014, so excited :smile:
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Same here! I'm glad I've finally found a creative writing forum! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JessicaL3
Just firmed my offer for Creative writing/publishing at Bath Spa for 2014, so excited :smile:

Congrats! I hope to see you in September! I don't think I'll be doing Publishing but we'll see. :smile:

Original post by LittleInnocence
Same here! I'm glad I've finally found a creative writing forum! :smile:

I was about to take this down because no one was replying haha! But I'm glad I didn't :smile: I'm just looking to make friends before our course starts so that I don't feel quite so lonely in September haha
Reply 4
Congrats! I hope to see you in September! I don't think I'll be doing Publishing but we'll see. :smile:

I was about to take this down because no one was replying haha! But I'm glad I didn't :smile: I'm just looking to make friends before our course starts so that I don't feel quite so lonely in September haha

Feeling the same :smile: Friends before starting in September would be nice haha, don't think I know anyone else that's applied to Bath Spa...
Reply 5
Feeling the same :smile: Friends before starting in September would be nice haha, don't think I know anyone else that's applied to Bath Spa...

I knew no one until I registered on here, there's a girl coming over from Florida who got an unconditional and she seems really nice :smile:
Reply 6
I knew no one until I registered on here, there's a girl coming over from Florida who got an unconditional and she seems really nice :smile:

Ooh, I only registered on here yesterday hoping to meet some people before starting :smile: I'd love to have an unconditional, would definitely make June exams easier!
Reply 7
Ooh, I only registered on here yesterday hoping to meet some people before starting :smile: I'd love to have an unconditional, would definitely make June exams easier!

I know, would deffo save the stress of revising hahaha! Luckily I only need BCC :smile: Which subjects are you studying atm?

I know people that have applied for bath spa, but not for creative writing. Whenever I tell people I'm off to uni in september (fingers crossed exams go well) they go:
"Oh what are you hoping to study?"
I reply, "Creative writing."
then they give me that pouty look of pure fascination and go, "ooh that sounds interesting, best of luck to you!"
hehehee :smile:
Reply 9
I know, would deffo save the stress of revising hahaha! Luckily I only need BCC :smile: Which subjects are you studying atm?

Ooh that sounds alright :smile: I need 320 points, which I think works out to be ABB (if i'm right) :smile: I'm studying Law, English Language and Media Studies at the moment, what are you studying?
I know people that have applied for bath spa, but not for creative writing. Whenever I tell people I'm off to uni in september (fingers crossed exams go well) they go:
then they give me that pouty look of pure fascination and go, "ooh that sounds interesting, best of luck to you!"

Haha :smile: the course does look really interesting though, I'm honestly so excited for starting! Just fingers crossed on getting the grades now! Ah, all my friends have applied to the likes of Cardiff and Plymouth for subjects like Biology haha... I'll just stick to my writing I think :tongue: What subjects do you study now?
Haha :smile: the course does look really interesting though, I'm honestly so excited for starting! Just fingers crossed on getting the grades now! Ah, all my friends have applied to the likes of Cardiff and Plymouth for subjects like Biology haha... I'll just stick to my writing I think :tongue: What subjects do you study now?

Yeah same! I want to become an author, and I was so unsure if I wanted to go to university, but when I saw that Creative Writing was a degree subject, I was like, yes this will be good for me, lots of opportunities to be published and broadening writing skills!
I study sociology, media and health and social care.
Sociology has given me so much inspiration for stories! :smile:
Yeah same! I want to become an author, and I was so unsure if I wanted to go to university, but when I saw that Creative Writing was a degree subject, I was like, yes this will be good for me, lots of opportunities to be published and broadening writing skills!
I study sociology, media and health and social care.
Sociology has given me so much inspiration for stories! :smile:

Same! I was fully intending on going to university to study English Language, not realising there was such thing as a degree in Creative Writing! Ooh I looked at studying sociology, then swapped it for Law :s-smilie: Haha, I seem to have a thing for poetry at the moment, not entirely sure where the inspiration has come from though! :smile:
Same! I was fully intending on going to university to study English Language, not realising there was such thing as a degree in Creative Writing! Ooh I looked at studying sociology, then swapped it for Law :s-smilie: Haha, I seem to have a thing for poetry at the moment, not entirely sure where the inspiration has come from though! :smile:

I can usually get my inspiration from a lot of things, often ideas pop in to my head from nowhere and I need to write it down (usually on my phone or in a notebook) before I forget. I exerperience writer's block a lot, so being able to overcome that and actually finish things I start would be good to know!
Law?! wow I could never do law, i'd find it confusing, but I learn crime and deviance in sociology! haha!
I'm currently (well trying) to write a story about a teenage deviant! :smile:
I love poetry/poems, but I'm not very good at interpreting them!
(edited 9 years ago)
I can usually get my inspiration from a lot of things, often ideas pop in to my head from nowhere and I need to write it down (usually on my phone or in a notebook) before I forget. I exerperience writer's block a lot, so being able to overcome that and actually finish things I start would be good to know!
Law?! wow I could never do law, i'd find it confusing, but I learn crime and deviance in sociology! haha!
I'm currently (well trying) to write a story about a teenage deviant! :smile:
I love poetry/poems, but I'm not very good at interpreting them!

Ah same! Yeah, didn't really know what to pick for a third A Level, chose Law and surprisingly find it quite interesting (hard, but interesting) :smile: Ooh that sounds interesting! Ah I'm not a huge fan of reading poetry, but found the inspiration to write a few, even sent one off for competition the other week :smile: (highly doubt it will get anywhere, but worth a shot)
Reply 15
Ooh that sounds alright :smile: I need 320 points, which I think works out to be ABB (if i'm right) :smile: I'm studying Law, English Language and Media Studies at the moment, what are you studying?

I need 320 as well, but they only want 260 from my A levels, so I think they're taking my other qualifications into account :smile: I'm doing English Language, English Lit and French.

I get that too. I think people are assuming I'll be doing nothing for three years! (That's totally not the plan at all... /shifty eyes)
I need 320 as well, but they only want 260 from my A levels, so I think they're taking my other qualifications into account :smile: I'm doing English Language, English Lit and French.

I get that too. I think people are assuming I'll be doing nothing for three years! (That's totally not the plan at all... /shifty eyes)

That's the same as mine! I have AS ICT as well, so I guess that counts as part of the 320?! :smile: Ooh that sounds good, have you firmed Bath Spa then? What's your insurance?
Reply 17
That's the same as mine! I have AS ICT as well, so I guess that counts as part of the 320?! :smile: Ooh that sounds good, have you firmed Bath Spa then? What's your insurance?

Awesome! I have a Level 3 Performing Arts BTEC plus a pass in my Grade 7 Flute I took years ago so I guess I'm pretty set haha. Yep, Bath Spa is my firm and my insurance is Derby, the course there is really good but I wasn't too excited about the location, I feel like I would just be inspired to write loads at Bath! I have the same problem of not finishing my stuff, I have loads of small bits that I've started! What's your insurance?

Oh and is it OK if I PM you both my FB account? I'm thinking we all add each other and chat in the coming months :smile: Also before I forget, are either of you going to the Applicant Day next Tuesday? OK sorry for all the questions, I'm just quite excited hahaha!
Awesome! I have a Level 3 Performing Arts BTEC plus a pass in my Grade 7 Flute I took years ago so I guess I'm pretty set haha. Yep, Bath Spa is my firm and my insurance is Derby, the course there is really good but I wasn't too excited about the location, I feel like I would just be inspired to write loads at Bath! I have the same problem of not finishing my stuff, I have loads of small bits that I've started! What's your insurance?

Oh and is it OK if I PM you both my FB account? I'm thinking we all add each other and chat in the coming months :smile: Also before I forget, are either of you going to the Applicant Day next Tuesday? OK sorry for all the questions, I'm just quite excited hahaha!

Ooh that sounds good :smile: Bath does look great for inspiration, the location looks fantastic! My insurance is Cardiff for English Language, the course looked really good, but I definitely think Creative Writing is more for me!

Yeah that's fine, I'll add you on FB if you PM it to me :smile: I'm not going to the applicant day, no, hope you have a good day there though :smile:

this is sooo crazy! I need that too and i did AS ICT as well! I got confused as i needed a minimum of 320, yet 260 from a levels, so would they accept me if i get 260? Haven't made my firm and insurance just yet!

Quick Reply

Latest