The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial firmers 2014!

Hey guys!

I dont think there's a thread on here already for people firming imperial this year :tongue:

Personally I'm firming for MSci Chemistry with an offer of AAA,

What about you guys? Any fellow chemists out there... Or any other subject :wink:

One of the things I was worried about was the high workload seeing as I'm not the type that studies all the time. Has anyone else got similar (or other) worries? :biggrin: (this hasn't discouraged me though, I'm up for the challenge of balancing a high workload with a social life) :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello HoneyRose :biggrin: I'm doing just a BSc in Chemistry. We'll be happy chemists together yay~
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Firmed Imperial for AeroEng, but I doubt I'm gonna meet the offer...
Hi there!
I have firmed for Materials Science and Engineering (AAA)
I'm from Portugal so I am naturally a little bit concerned as it will be quite the change. 😂
One of my concerns is the possibility to change courses.
I was thinking about changing to Theoretical Physics (This "feeling" started right after I applied) but it seems unlikely..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just formed Imperial for Aero Eng!
Hi,
I've firmed for Mechanical Engineering (A*A*A)
I'm pretty excited to get started, I've heard that although the courses are challenging the workload isn't as large as Oxbridge so I guess as long as you're relatively good at managing your time you should be alright
Reply 6
Hello fellow firmers :biggrin:

I've firmed for BSc Physics, yay! Although I don't have to worry about grades because I've already done A levels!

But good luck to all you guys who have exams going atm!!!
Hi everyone! :smile:

I've firmed for Medicine (AAC)

Has anyone applied for accommodation yet? If yes, where have you applied?
Good luck to everyone doing exams!
Reply 8
MSci Physics firmer here!
Looking forward to meeting you all and living life in London!
Hi everyone! Firmed for Biomedical Science :smile:

Not gonna lie, yes I am slightly concerned about coping with the workload especially because I'm not one of those people who is 'naturally clever' and I really have to work to get As, A*s sound like an impossibility xD But as others have said I think as long as you're efficient and can manage your time then hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult finding a balance!

Applied for accommodation today, has anyone else done this? I went for Eastside, Southside, Willis Jackson, Pembridge and Southwell. Mostly twin rooms because everything else is so expensive! Super envious of those who can afford single ensuites hehe.
Reply 10
Yeah I'm going for twin rooms too :P just gonna go for the cheap ones- dont want too much money tied down, I'd prefer disposable cash so I can have more freedom to do and buy what I like 😄eg clothes and going out. The bigger halls are supposed to be better and more social, I don't know if that's true?

This is all assuming I get my grades 😭
Reply 11
Firmed for Msci Physics. I'm now deciding which halls to apply for, but I think I'll go for cheap twin rooms too.
I can't wait to sit my final exams at school and hopefully move to London next fall! :biggrin:
Finally applied for accommodation :smile: I've applied for southside, beit, weeks, Southwell and Willis Jackson ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, MEng Mechanical Engineer here and also interested in physics and programming. Hopefully I am gonna be able to minor in those along with engineering. I applied for eastside, southside, beit, weeks and the one in notting hill gate. Anyone with similar accomodation?
Reply 14
Original post by thephysicsguy
Hey everyone, MEng Mechanical Engineer here and also interested in physics and programming. Hopefully I am gonna be able to minor in those along with engineering. I applied for eastside, southside, beit, weeks and the one in notting hill gate. Anyone with similar accomodation?

Almost the same accommodation as you! except I'm going for Southwell instead of the notting hill gate :smile:
Reply 15
Sooooo excited to get my opportunity to apply for imperial !
Reply 16
Hey! I've put imperial as my first choice, and I now have to apply for accommodation but I cant find the College ID I need when creating an account to access STROL, does anyone know where I can find this?
Original post by danixxx
Hey! I've put imperial as my first choice, and I now have to apply for accommodation but I cant find the College ID I need when creating an account to access STROL, does anyone know where I can find this?

It'll be the number at the top of the attachment letter they sent in the email to apply for accommodation.
Original post by LilyCat
Almost the same accommodation as you! except I'm going for Southwell instead of the notting hill gate :smile:

Haha perhaps we will end up in the same place! Southwell didn't appear in my form for some reason, I would have actually put it contrary to notting hill gate...
Original post by kimsiclez
Hi everyone! Firmed for Biomedical Science :smile:

Not gonna lie, yes I am slightly concerned about coping with the workload especially because I'm not one of those people who is 'naturally clever' and I really have to work to get As, A*s sound like an impossibility xD But as others have said I think as long as you're efficient and can manage your time then hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult finding a balance!

Applied for accommodation today, has anyone else done this? I went for Eastside, Southside, Willis Jackson, Pembridge and Southwell. Mostly twin rooms because everything else is so expensive! Super envious of those who can afford single ensuites hehe.

I went for the exact same halls as you, except for pembridge.. I chose beit hall instead!
Does anyone know if course transfer is a possibility??
Any help would be appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending