The Student Room Group

this is URGENT HELP ME PLEASE!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
Oh - you in America? in that case PM me and I'll help as much as I can with the work

Not in the mood for sarcasm. This day and climate might have been a bit OTT but where I am living has low employment rates.
Reply 61
Original post by Anonymousgirll
Not in the mood for sarcasm. This day and climate might have been a bit OTT but where I am living has low employment rates.

I'm not being sarcastic!!!!!
Original post by Andy98
I'm not being sarcastic!!!!!

My bad I thought you were sorry.
Reply 63
My bad I thought you were sorry.

but yeah seriously PM me and I'll help with the catch-up work as much as I can
Reply 64
Thank you for the advice. But I don't think that I should leave sixth form tbh because I am still able to get grades at the end of this. Getting a job isn't even guaranteed. I understand what your saying bout a private tutor I don't think I need one really because my subjects aren't rock solid and aren't the most academic. £20 a hour isn't that cheap either tbh that how much one of my exams cost to resit. Thank you I know I have the potential because I am willing to work hard and to do whatever it takes to get to university. Yeah that what is all of a concern to them the league tables. Ironically they went to me on Monday that we don't want your health to get worse and we don't want you to get worse grades as last year.

Would you be able to provide me with an answer to this question. If I got worse grades this year would the higher grades that I obtained last year still count?

Ofcourse they would, but if you were to apply to uni's they'd ask for your A2 grades aswell. Its really important that you stick in with sixth form rn, exams are a month away, you have time to change your teachers' opinions:smile: you'll do great if you put your mind into it, it doesnt matter if theyre not amazing grades, atleast you'll have tried. I wish you all the best x
Original post by Umarahh
Ofcourse they would, but if you were to apply to uni's they'd ask for your A2 grades aswell. Its really important that you stick in with sixth form rn, exams are a month away, you have time to change your teachers' opinions:smile: you'll do great if you put your mind into it, it doesnt matter if theyre not amazing grades, atleast you'll have tried. I wish you all the best x

I thought they would. I am resetting my A2's from last year. So say if I got an 'X' last year A2 grade and this year I do worse and get a 'Y' A2 year 14 resit. Would my grade X which is better count or would it be replaced with the worse grade of Y.

I am asking this not because I think or believe I am going to do worse. I am asking because the deputy head and head of sixth form said that I am likely to get worse grades than last year and these worse grades will count.
I thought they would. I am resetting my A2's from last year. So say if I got an 'X' last year A2 grade and this year I do worse and get a 'Y' A2 year 14 resit. Would my grade X which is better count or would it be replaced with the worse grade of Y.

I am asking this not because I think or believe I am going to do worse. I am asking because the deputy head and head of sixth form said that I am likely to get worse grades than last year and these worse grades will count.

New grades don't discount old ones, you earned that certificate that year, redoing it doesn't change that at all you could still put the better grades on job aps or ucas forms etc.
Original post by Georgie_M
New grades don't discount old ones, you earned that certificate that year, redoing it doesn't change that at all you could still put the better grades on job aps or ucas forms etc.

Thank you for the reply. I knew the old ones still counted especially if they were higher than the resits? Is there any evidence out there about this?
Reply 68

Uni's look at all your grades, not just the bad ones, depending on what degree you're wanting to do they'd judge it on your performance in all subjects; the better grades you have, the better uni you can get into obviously. What A levels are you doing?
Thank you for the reply. I knew the old ones still counted especially if they were higher than the resits? Is there any evidence out there about this?

This is true I have experienced this, when you do an A-level you receive a qualification just because you take the exams again doesn't void your qualification, why would it? That is your achieved qualification, yours to keep, they can't take it away for no reason.
Original post by Umarahh
Uni's look at all your grades, not just the bad ones, depending on what degree you're wanting to do they'd judge it on your performance in all subjects; the better grades you have, the better uni you can get into obviously. What A levels are you doing?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I know they look at all your grades because you write them on your UCAS form then your school checks them.

I just want to know that say I got a C at A2 in a subject last year. This year I resist that subject and I come out with an overall D. Will the higher grade C still count?
This is true I have experienced this, when you do an A-level you receive a qualification just because you take the exams again doesn't void your qualification, why would it? That is your achieved qualification, yours to keep, they can't take it away for no reason.

Thanks. So even if you do the whole year again and do all the modules and get a lower grade in your resit year. The higher grade obtained from last year will still count?
Thanks. So even if you do the whole year again and do all the modules and get a lower grade in your resit year. The higher grade obtained from last year will still count?

Yes, when I sent off for my qualifications I just asked the exam board for the year I wanted, however I am unsure how it would work if you intend to use your grades say this year. From what I remember don't your new grades get automatically put on to UCAS? So although your old grades would count you would have to let the uni know you intend to use the grades from the year before. However if you were reapplying next year you would just put your best grades because you send off your certificates independently. Does that make sense?
Reply 73
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know they look at all your grades because you write them on your UCAS form then your school checks them.

I just want to know that say I got a C at A2 in a subject last year. This year I resist that subject and I come out with an overall D. Will the higher grade C still count?

Yes it will, doesn't matter if you keep resitting and get bad grades, if your attempt at resitting is worse, then the first grade will always count. I was in this situation last year, I was on a B, re-sat, got a C, I rang the uni I wanted to go to and they even said; higher grades count, not the lower ones. :smile:
Yes, when I sent off for my qualifications I just asked the exam board for the year I wanted, however I am unsure how it would work if you intend to use your grades say this year. From what I remember don't your new grades get automatically put on to UCAS? So although your old grades would count you would have to let the uni know you intend to use the grades from the year before. However if you were reapplying next year you would just put your best grades because you send off your certificates independently. Does that make sense?

I think I get it but I am a little confused.
Original post by Umarahh
Yes it will, doesn't matter if you keep resitting and get bad grades, if your attempt at resitting is worse, then the first grade will always count. I was in this situation last year, I was on a B, re-sat, got a C, I rang the uni I wanted to go to and they even said; higher grades count, not the lower ones. :smile:

Thanks I just need to try and find some actual evidence now to show my school as they said your higher grades don't count if your resorting the whole year.
Reply 76
Thanks I just need to try and find some actual evidence now to show my school as they said your higher grades don't count if your resorting the whole year.

I don't get why they're lying to you tbh. If you want, you could ring the uni you want to go to and even ask them, your school is a bit backwards..
Original post by Umarahh
I don't get why they're lying to you tbh. If you want, you could ring the uni you want to go to and even ask them, your school is a bit backwards..

Neither do I. Plus I haven't chose my firm and insurance yet. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest