The Student Room Group

Indian students at UK for sept 2014

Hello people , I am an Indian going to Uk for masters at UK this sept , anyone else from India leave a reply about ur University and course. cheers

Scroll to see replies

Hello I am raghav, I have recieved an admit from Imperial college London for MRes course in structural biology. Still just checking out with future opportunities of the course and visa issues.
Reply 2
hi i will be joining heriotwatt
Reply 3
Hi I will be joining Plymouth/Birmingham City University/LSBU for Masters in Marketing Research/Business Intelligence and Social Media/MSc. International Business. Anyone from among these university...lets get mingle up..Also those finding PART TIME JOB, ACCOMODATION AND OTHER FACILITIES REPLY
Reply 4
Hello anuraag to which university and course you have applied for? And are you looking for part time work during the course?
Reply 5
Heyy!! I am goin to UCL to study aplied Medical Science, any other Indian joining me there??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am an indian and will be attending University of Edinburgh for my undergrads.
Hey, i'll be at Architectural Association for my post grad from Sept 2014 ! Anyone living at Kings Cross?
Reply 8
Hi

I m Arul ..i m gonna do my Masters in Fashion Business Management.. i have some doubts in Visa.. Have any one applied for Tier visa ..if so can u pls let me what are the things u have done. I have read the UKBA website but also have some doubts in what are supporting documents we need to provide them like that can u pls help me on it
Reply 9
Original post by aruljothi
Hi

I m Arul ..i m gonna do my Masters in Fashion Business Management.. i have some doubts in Visa.. Have any one applied for Tier visa ..if so can u pls let me what are the things u have done. I have read the UKBA website but also have some doubts in what are supporting documents we need to provide them like that can u pls help me on it

Hi Arul,

I have just applied for Tier 4 Student Visa (on June 11Th 2014 to be exact) and I'm familiar with the UK Visa process.

It would be better If you can ask me specific questions so that I can answer exactly to that.

Regards,
Mukil
hi am leaving to uk this sept....for masters
Anyone going to The University of Bristol?
Hi Mukildev, I have some doubts/questions about the visa process too. I hope you can answer them.

So the required money is in the bank from 23rd June. On 21st July, it will be 28 days. Am planning to book my visa appointment on 24th july. When should i get the bank statement for it?

Also, some of the money is in my mom's saving account and some of it is in my account.we have the accounts in the same bank but not joint. Can I take 2 bank statements in my mother's name and my name?or is it not allowed?

Do the visa officials check with the bank for money after my appointment is done?should i let the money stay in the bank after its done?
Original post by desigirl01
Hi Mukildev, I have some doubts/questions about the visa process too. I hope you can answer them.

So the required money is in the bank from 23rd June. On 21st July, it will be 28 days. Am planning to book my visa appointment on 24th july. When should i get the bank statement for it?

Also, some of the money is in my mom's saving account and some of it is in my account.we have the accounts in the same bank but not joint. Can I take 2 bank statements in my mother's name and my name?or is it not allowed?

Do the visa officials check with the bank for money after my appointment is done?should i let the money stay in the bank after its done?

Hi, I have answered to your questions in steps

1. On 23rd July make a minium withdrawal say 100rs and then get the Bank statements (Passbook is Preferred) updated on both of your accounts. This has to be done so that the transaction date 23rd July will be printed on the statement.

2. Yes, you can show your balance on your mothers account for proof of funds. But you need to follow the following additional steps

a) You need to submit your original birth certificate mentioning both yours and your mothers name

OR

An original court document stating your name , your mothers name, and your relationship as mother and daughter by blood ( or by adoption if its applicable to you).

And

b) A letter from your mother confirming that you are her daughter and she must explicitly say that she agrees on using her money by you for studying in UK

3. The Visa officer will definitely Check with your bank for verifying the authenticity of your statements. If they detect any fraud, you will banned to enter the UK for 10 years

4. After your getting your visa, you can use your money for paying your UK Tuition and accommodation fees. Also note that, you may need a copy of recent bank statement(s) as a proof of funds once again while clearing the Immigration procedures in the Airport (UK). The immigration officer has the right to verify your funds while you arrive there.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Mukildev
am shyamala....goin to uk this sept ...fr masters
Thanks mukildev.

There's a mistake in my post regarding the 2 bank statements. Am going to take 2 bank statements. 1 in my mother's name and the second one in my name. I havent put my money in my mother's account. Is that okay?

In your post you mention that Passbook is preferred. My savings account & my mother's is with State Bank Of India.so can I take my original passbook of SBI?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by desigirl01

There's a mistake in my post regarding the 2 bank statements. Am going to take 2 bank statements. 1 in my mother's name and the second one in my name. I havent put my money in my mother's account. Is that okay?

Hi, I don't clearly understand what you are trying to say in the quote above. My understanding from your first post is, you are planning to show your statement and your mothers statement. Then why are you repeating that again? Could you please explain more clearly? Why are you planning to show your mothers bank statement If it doesn't have enough money?

1. As far as the Visa process is concerned you need to show the proof of the required money ( Tuition + Maintenance + Accommodation ) either via banks statements or via a Bank guarantee letter. In your case , you are planning to show both yours and your mothers banks statements. So the total sum of final bank balance from both of your statements must be equal to or greater than the required money (7200 Pounds + Tuition fees (if you haven't paid it)) held in a savings account, in a approved list of financial institutions for consecutive minimum 28 day period.

2. Yes, SBI is in the approved list of financial institution given by UKBA. So you can show both your passbook and your mothers passbook as a proof. Just make sure that a Photograph is sticked on the front page of the passbook with a bank seal over at least half of the photograph and other details such as name, account number, bank phone number are CLEARLY VISIBLE. Also make sure that bank phone number mentioned on your passbook is working ( just make a call to see someone from the bank answers and check your balance via the phone) This has to be done because the Visa officer will call that exact number mentioned in your passbook and there is a chance that the number mentioned in your passbook might be outdated (for old passbooks) so we need to confirm it. In addition to it, make sure the bank managers signature is present in the authorized signature section on the front page of the passbook. if needed, you can also mention new contact numbers of the bank or make any correction in name etc in the front page of the passbook with a signature from the bank manager below in each of the updated manual entry.

Regards,
Mukildev
Reply 17
Hi guys,

Glad that we finally have a thread here for September 2014. Unlike other thread with similar heading, we should be active enough to help each other and share thoughts.

Thanks to the Thread Starter and others gathered here.

I am going to do my Masters in the UK this September intake and I would like to know how long my visa will be valid to live in the UK for my 12 month course ?
Original post by deadshot
Hi guys,

Glad that we finally have a thread here for September 2014. Unlike other thread with similar heading, we should be active enough to help each other and share thoughts.

Thanks to the Thread Starter and others gathered here.

I am going to do my Masters in the UK this September intake and I would like to know how long my visa will be valid to live in the UK for my 12 month course ?

Hello deadshot,

Your visa will be valid for a minimum of 17 (1+12+4) months depending on the course start and end dates.

You can enter into the UK one month before the course start date and stay up to 4 months after the course end date.

Regards,
Mukildev
Reply 19
Original post by Mukildev
Hello deadshot,

Your visa will be valid for a minimum of 17 (1+12+4) months depending on the course start and end dates.

You can enter into the UK one month before the course start date and stay up to 4 months after the course end date.

Regards,
Mukildev

Thanks for the reply Mukildev. I will by applying by next month as I am in the 28 days wait time for bank statement.

Will that pre one month duration will be added to the post 4 month duration ? Just curious.

Have you got your visa or applied for it ?

Quick Reply

Latest