The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400255419.988493.jpg
How do I do iii??? Any help is appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have 8 * 10^-4 moles of Barium Hydroxide in 100cm^3 of water. This is one tenth of 1 dm^3. To work out the amount per 1dm^3, just times 8 * 10^-4 by 10, which gives you 8 * 10^-3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
heyy it's concentration and you're given the volume and you've worked out the number of moles you have so just do moles/volume(dm3) to get the concentration
Reply 84
Hey guys,
I've done all the past papers for this unit. I was just wondering does anyone have any extra questions I can do to prepare further? :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by jo7777
Hey guys,
I've done all the past papers for this unit. I was just wondering does anyone have any extra questions I can do to prepare further? :biggrin:

A-levelchemistry.co.uk has a lot of practice questions
Reply 86
how much UMS do you need overall to get an A?
Original post by GXO
how much UMS do you need overall to get an A?

240/300
Reply 88
Original post by bbadonde2
240/300

thanks, and so if there's 300 ums and 200 raw marks, each mark is worth 1.5 ums? or does what each raw mark is worth depend on how easy/hard the paper was?
Anyone know how many raw marks is full ums for this unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lovekitty123
Anyone know how many raw marks is full ums for this unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably 59/60 for this unit, it's not like humanities where 20 marks below full raw marks is full UMS
This is probably a really stupid question but does the ionisation energy increase down group 7 due to more electrons thus more van Der Waals as I know it decreases down group 2 but reactivity decreases as group 7 descends?
Original post by LaurenLambert
This is probably a really stupid question but does the ionisation energy increase down group 7 due to more electrons thus more van Der Waals as I know it decreases down group 2 but reactivity decreases as group 7 descends?

They decrease down EVERY group. As the amount of electron shielding and the atomic radii increases down the group, the attraction between the nucleus and outer electrons decrease meaning a an electron can be taken (ionised) more easily.
Original post by bbadonde2
They decrease down EVERY group. As the amount of electron shielding and the atomic radii increases down the group, the attraction between the nucleus and outer electrons decrease meaning a an electron can be taken (ionised) more easily.

Okay thanks why is it that the reactivity decreases down group 7 then if it becomes harder to remove an electron surely the reactivity would increase down the group then?
(edited 9 years ago)
Actually don't worry I understand now is it because the electron shielding increases and so effective nuclear charge decreases and the atom becomes less densely charged and so reduces its ability to accept an electron as I they obviously accept the electrons when reacting - sorry just had a 'blonde moment' haha
Original post by LaurenLambert
Actually don't worry I understand now is it because the electron shielding increases and so effective nuclear charge decreases and the atom becomes less densely charged and so reduces its ability to accept an electron as I they obviously accept the electrons when reacting - sorry just had a 'blonde moment' haha

Do you understand it now? :smile: This is a place to get questions answered, and no question is stupid! (Despite what some TSR users may like us to believe,*cough*)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Do you understand it now? :smile: This is a place to get questions answered, and no question is stupid! (Despite what some TSR users may like us to believe,*cough*)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! Thank you haha
Guys anyone got the June 2013 Paper and Mark scheme for F321?? Thanks.
Original post by subject1
Guys anyone got the June 2013 Paper and Mark scheme for F321?? Thanks.

http://www.stsmith.co.uk/kings-school-students/level-chemistry-resources/year12-chemistry/
Reply 99
I'm not ready yet!!! Agh

Latest

Trending

Trending