The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get A in maths in june if I'm getting B's at the moment?

Hi basically, from now till June 9th, is it possible for me to get a mid/high A in my maths gcse's if i am stuck on mid B's at the moment, considering I have a lot of other exams to prepare for..
If so, what are some revision techniques because I find it hard to get an A in maths and I would really love to finally get one for gcse
Original post by maya_xo
Hi basically, from now till June 9th, is it possible for me to get a mid/high A in my maths gcse's if i am stuck on mid B's at the moment, considering I have a lot of other exams to prepare for..
If so, what are some revision techniques because I find it hard to get an A in maths and I would really love to finally get one for gcse

Of course you can but it will require quite a bit of work. I recommend just doing questions from a textbook and then going on to do lots and lots of past papers. From this pick up on the areas that you are the weakest at and then practice these from a textbook and begin to understand them more. Then just do past papers again and hopefully you will improve but keep practicing. After a while you will become familiar with the sort of questions that come up and you will hopefully know how to answer most of them to ensure you get an A grade.
Yes. I was getting Bs the whole year through in RS and then came out with 97 UMS in the real thing.

Just work hard!
Reply 3
Original post by RSmith1007
Of course you can but it will require quite a bit of work. I recommend just doing questions from a textbook and then going on to do lots and lots of past papers. From this pick up on the areas that you are the weakest at and then practice these from a textbook and begin to understand them more. Then just do past papers again and hopefully you will improve but keep practicing. After a while you will become familiar with the sort of questions that come up and you will hopefully know how to answer most of them to ensure you get an A grade.

Hmm, sounds like a good idea. Thank you! :awesome:
Reply 4
Original post by ILovePancakes
Yes. I was getting Bs the whole year through in RS and then came out with 97 UMS in the real thing.

Just work hard!

Well done :smile:!
Thanks for the motivation. I'll try hard to get that A !
Yeah, it's definitely possible.

I ws pretty much below a C for Maths the whole year, but still managed to get an A in my GCSE.

You'll just need to work quite hard.
:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by maya_xo

i think it will be possible yes, make sure you dedicate yourself to good revision techniques, plenty of past papers-in my opinion the best way to revise maths. i had a mock result of a B before my GCSE's and i got a good A
Reply 7
Provided your coursework is up to par. My cw was graded at D's and I managed to get a B in Maths, couple of marks off an A. It's very possible but as mentioned, you're gonna have to put the work in, just don't neglect your other studies to do so.
Reply 8
Original post by ChaosSaint
Provided your coursework is up to par. My cw was graded at D's and I managed to get a B in Maths, couple of marks off an A. It's very possible but as mentioned, you're gonna have to put the work in, just don't neglect your other studies to do so.

What maths do you do because I don't do coursework in maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'm not in school any more, it was a few years back to say the least, I did Intermediate maths but I know there are people who are still at school locally who have coursework. I'm based in the north-west, so it may be a demographic thing. It would seem in this case that my advice isn't relevant. apologies. If your grades are based solely on exams then I don't know whether to envy you or pity you. find out what works best for you, personally I never revised because I found that information sank in quite easily and I didn't want a grade I didn't deserve, but one thing I will say is, make sure that you're hydrated, getting enough sleep etc because it plays a major factor on your learning
Reply 10
Ofcourse you can
Reply 11
Yes, definitely! I sat my GCSE in early year 10 and got a D on unit 2, a few months later after doing lots of past papers I resat and got a high A! It's possible!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest