The Student Room Group

GIRLS: worst and "best" way of getting dumped?

If your boyfriend was to break up with you, which one of these ways would be the worst that could happen, and which one would be the "best"?

I know break ups always hurt, so by best I mean the least bad. Please take a look at my list and choose your best and worst :smile:

1. I don't love you anymore, I've simply lost all my feelings towards you.
2. You're great but I don't find you sexually attractive anymore.
3. I've met someone else and fallen in love and can't do anything about it.
4. You feel more like a friend to me and I need more from a relationship.
5. You're nice but I'm young and want to experience being single again.

Or add something if I missed.. (but not extremes like "I've turned gay" or "I have an affair with your sister")
I would say no 4 no wants to hear 'im not attracted to you anymore' seriously pretty much all ur options suck...
perhaps something like i love you as a friend and weve lost that connection?
Reply 2
N4 is the least bad. At least imo.
N3 is the worst. Nothing is worse than a person whom YOU love, falls in love with someone else. Good for them, but real bitch for you. :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
1st is the best and 5th the worst.

I'd want someone to just do it. No faffing about. Like taking off a plaster.

The first 3 are awful and are just going to make her feel ugly.

Number 4 will just make her thing maybe its just issues within the relationship.

The best thing you can do is reassure her, that she is a lovely person but you're just not right for her, and hope she will find someone else who will make her happier etc.
Out of interest, what would be the most honest reason?
Reply 6
:colone:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
If your boyfriend was to break up with you, which one of these ways would be the worst that could happen, and which one would be the "best"?

I know break ups always hurt, so by best I mean the least bad. Please take a look at my list and choose your best and worst :smile:

1. I don't love you anymore, I've simply lost all my feelings towards you.
2. You're great but I don't find you sexually attractive anymore.
3. I've met someone else and fallen in love and can't do anything about it.
4. You feel more like a friend to me and I need more from a relationship.
5. You're nice but I'm young and want to experience being single again.

Or add something if I missed.. (but not extremes like "I've turned gay" or "I have an affair with your sister")

all are brutal.i'd say the worst was 4, theres nothing worse than someone seeing you as/wanting to be 'friends' when you are in love with them. 5 would be the best,if they said they still loved me but wanted to live their youth i'd be more understanding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
All HORRIBLE

for me personally, number 2 is worst, number 4 is least bad

Tell her the truth, that might hurt and it might not but at least its honest.
Reply 9
You need to eradicate all hope of potentially getting back together (no "this is where I am right now" or "I need a break from relationships). At the same time you need to do it gently.

"Things just aren't working out between us and I think we should stop seeing each other."

Better yet, just go tell the other person the truth. The truth always outs and, if you lie, when the other person finds out they'll have to deal with the break up all over again.
Reply 10
Break-up sex is hands down the best way to get cut loose.
I got the "i don't love you" line. Damn that completely broke me apart. I hope I never have to hear that again. :frown:

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_310 using Tapatalk
I don't think there's any easy way to break up with someone.
Worst way for being dumped over the phone/email/text message. As its almost the cowards way out, and granted it saves the confrontation but it doesn't give that person closure.
The best way, is that if you've not been perhaps been going out that long, and it just fizzles out into a 1st base friendship again. My way of thinking is that I think the best way, perhaps is do it person. Brutal and hard to do but at least perhaps in person you can talk it through. But if it comes as a shock. Then maybe not. Or write it down in a letter, and maybe allow that person to process it and meet calmly. If you can be mature about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending