The Student Room Group

What's your secret dream?

There are two kinds of secret dream; those that may be fullfilled at some stage, that can be worked towards, and those that are just fun fantasies.

What's yours about?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ooo I like this question. The secret dream that may be fulfilled at some stage is to publish a book, or to have a online webcomic that's really successful. I suppose writing it down makes me feel like it's not going to happen, as I've identified it as a 'dream' and not a 'goal'?

The fun fantasy of mine is to ride to school on a motorbike. But seeing as I have no money at the moment and I'm leaving school in 3 weeks it doesn't look hopeful xD
Reply 2
One which probably won't be fulfilled - to own a tropical island with an animal sanctuary & live completely self-sufficiently.

One which probably will be fulfilled - work for myself & be successful enough to live very comfortably
Reply 3
Original post by pillacat
Ooo I like this question. The secret dream that may be fulfilled at some stage is to publish a book, or to have a online webcomic that's really successful. I suppose writing it down makes me feel like it's not going to happen, as I've identified it as a 'dream' and not a 'goal'?

The fun fantasy of mine is to ride to school on a motorbike. But seeing as I have no money at the moment and I'm leaving school in 3 weeks it doesn't look hopeful xD

Are you able to ride a motorbike? If you can I will give you the money to hire one for a day seeing as this chance will be gone forever in 3 weeks.
Live in the Chiraq, and pack 30's. #BrickSquad
Fantasy Dream - Footballer.

Realistic Dream - Join the Army.
Reply 6
Original post by pane123
Are you able to ride a motorbike? If you can I will give you the money to hire one for a day seeing as this chance will be gone forever in 3 weeks.

ahaha :') that's very kind of you good sir, but no unfortunately I haven't even gotten that far. I just want to do the whole pulling up to the gates, helmet off with a slow motion jostle of the hair and then swaggering through onto lessons.

it would just make a rather boring commute to school epic.

-any secret dreams of your own?
Reply 7
ahaha :') that's very kind of you good sir, but no unfortunately I haven't even gotten that far. I just want to do the whole pulling up to the gates, helmet off with a slow motion jostle of the hair and then swaggering through onto lessons.

it would just make a rather boring commute to school epic.

-any secret dreams of your own?

Oh well, maybe you can do it at a parents' evening one day in the future.

Fantasy - Footballer

Realistic - Own a penthouse overlooking a beach
Reply 8
I'd kinda like to own a farm and have a microbrewery. It isn't that unbelievable but at the same time I think it is a bit of a fantasy.
Reply 9
To have thousands of people mourn me when I die.

Narcissistic, I know.
Reply 10

Your going to go to a job after leaving school? Are you residing in UK? There are many ways to get through high education. Some universities are doing sponsoring courses from jobs. Get into a job and they will pay the course fee for you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by kers123
Your going to go to a job after leaving school? Are you residing in UK? There are many ways to get through high education. Some universities are doing sponsoring courses from jobs. Get into a job and they will pay the course fee for you.

hey, what do you mean by course fee- for what course?

and yeah I'm a UK sixth former, but am going to uni this year
Get into Stanford.
I don't know whether this is simply wishful thinking or a realistic dream but - getting into Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sigh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
To have thousands of people mourn me when I die.

Narcissistic, I know.

Not to mention macabre.
Reply 15
Edit: unrealistic dream: To be a field agent for interpol/another European secret service

Dreams: Get the Grand Diplôme from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris ^.^, working with the Red Cross in Palestinian refugee camps, Getting a law degree from Harvard :colondollar:

They're all quite unrealistic :frown: When would I have the time/money? I'm still set on making them all happen though!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
Get into Stanford.

Caltech > Stanford.
Reply 17
Fantasy: never, ever, ever, ever have to worry about money again and own a Louis Vuitton and Christian Louboutin collection and have a ridiculously hot bod and be a published author. :love:

Realistic: at least one of the above. :biggrin:
Reply 18
Elope with a TSR moderator! :blushing:

Spoiler

Original post by Swanbow
I'd kinda like to own a farm and have a microbrewery. It isn't that unbelievable but at the same time I think it is a bit of a fantasy.

Not unrealistic, stuff to start homebrewing costs around £100 and if you start there, sell your produce, become self-sufficient and gradually make your way up. You could do it at the same time as having another job.
OT: Unrealistic: To be the first person to leave the solar system (alive)
Realistic: To be a billionaire surrounded by hot women and fast cars and live in a Beverly Hills mansion.

Quick Reply

Latest