The Student Room Group

Aston Or Heriot-Watt Or Newcastle (Chemical Engineering)

I've got all my decisions back for BEng chemical engineering,

Newcastle: AAB
Aston: BBB
Heriot-Watt: BBB
QUB: BBB

I'm Definitely not going QUB, it's too far so we can exclude that.

So I'm probably going to firm Newcastle (I feel I will not get the grades). And put either Aston or Heriot Watt as my insurance.

So firstly, should I put Newcastle as firm or put 1 BBB offer as firm and the other as insurance while rejecting newcastle?

I know Newcastle is probably better, may be a little pricey.
Heriot-Watt is known for oil and gas.
Aston is literally just 1 bus away from me, I live in Sparkhill, Birmingham so Aston I can get to super quick, as well as not paying for accomodation (i'd be living at home).

Does anyone go to the said universities? And do chemical engineering? What are your thoughs on the different courses? In a real dilemma, I dont see myself realistically getting AAB (was hoping for ABB when I applied, but i guess my GCSEs knocked that up ^^)
Any thoughts are appreciated.
Reply 1
Yeah Newcastle is better. So put Newcastle as your firm and either Herriot Watt or Aston as your insurance. That way if you get ABB Newcastle might still consider you if you are lucky or if they don't you can still go to your insurance. They is no need to put courses with the same grades down.
Don't put two identical offers as your Firm and Insurance - if it goes wrong on Results Day you've lost both.

General advice here on picking Firm/Insurance choices - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/firm_and_insurance_choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending