The Student Room Group

Government ban on selfies

I came across this and found it hilarious that this has become such a big problem that it is planned on being tackled by the government - what are your thoughts?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/01/appetite-for-selfie-destruction-british-government-plans-to-ban-selfies-4684043/

"In their current format, the plans are controversial. Under the proposals, web users would only be allowed to upload ten selfies a month to sites such as Facebook and Instagram. An 11th selfie in that time would lead to an automatic £25 fine. Further infringements could lead to restrictions on social media usage.".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Sazi007
I came across this and found it hilarious that this has become such a big problem that it is planned on being tackled by the government - what are your thoughts?

Perhaps you should look at the date :facepalm2:
Original post by Sazi007

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/01/appetite-for-selfie-destruction-british-government-plans-to-ban-selfies-4684043/

"In their current format, the plans are controversial. Under the proposals, web users would only be allowed to upload ten selfies a month to sites such as Facebook and Instagram. An 11th selfie in that time would lead to an automatic £25 fine. Further infringements could lead to restrictions on social media usage.".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at the date. April fools :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Look at the date. April fools :wink:

Exactly :biggrin: I managed to get a bunch of other people though! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah....thats right you did, didnt you......;-)
Reply 5
Check the date, folks. Sick of seeing ludicrous news stories everywhere today. I read somewhere Ant and Dec had been caught fighting in IKEA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending