The Student Room Group

How can i become friends with my crush?

I have a crush on a girl. I am a guy and as you can tell from my username i am nervous to talk to her. I am 16 years old. 17 in a few weeks and i want to become her friend so i can know her. I havent spoken to her but she is in one if my classes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I have a crush on a girl. I am a guy and as you can tell from my username i am nervous to talk to her. I am 16 years old. 17 in a few weeks and i want to become her friend so i can know her. I havent spoken to her but she is in one if my classes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't start off introducing yourself as you want to be her friend, especially considering you are attracted to her and want more. Talk to her, be a bit playful, try and date her. You don't want to be stuck into a thing where you really like her and she clearly sees you as just a friend.
Reply 2
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
You can't start off introducing yourself as you want to be her friend, especially considering you are attracted to her and want more. Talk to her, be a bit playful, try and date her. You don't want to be stuck into a thing where you really like her and she clearly sees you as just a friend.

Playful. What a gay word.

Do you want him to start stroking her back and playing with her hair?
Reply 3
No no no no no no!

She's your crush, not your friend.

Romantic interest.
Friendly interest.

Choose one.
Original post by Bubzeh
Playful. What a gay word.

Do you want him to start stroking her back and playing with her hair?

I think you're confusing playful with sexual harassment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only reason i wanted to be her friend was because some if my friends started dating and their relationship started from a friendship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XMaramena
No no no no no no!

She's your crush, not your friend.

Romantic interest.
Friendly interest.

Choose one.

I choose romantic interest. :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I choose romantic interest. :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes - a good friendship is key in any relationship, but trying to START a romantic relationship through this route makes you vulnerable to the dreaded "We're such good friends" situation, in which one can be trapped forever.
Yes - a good friendship is key in any relationship, but trying to START a romantic relationship through this route makes you vulnerable to the dreaded "We're such good friends" situation, in which one can be trapped forever.

ok. cool then how should i approach her after the lesson. bear in mind i have not spoken to her before and dont want her to reject me.
ok. cool then how should i approach her after the lesson. bear in mind i have not spoken to her before and dont want her to reject me.

How old are you guys? Are you in school? College?
How old are you guys? Are you in school? College?

I am in sixth form we are in year 12.
Well just strike up a conversation with her after class, if you haven't spoken before, just say something along the lines of "Hi, don't think we've actually spoken before. I'm ....." and see where it goes from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending