The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Msc Software Engineering

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this course by doing it part time. I'm considering my options for next year after I finish my BSc. Just curious as to how it works being part time and attending week residentials. And do you get assigned to a college as it does say you have to go through matriculation?
Thanks
Reply 1
The part time MSc ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Dodioxon
The part time MSc ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup that's what I said :wink:
Reply 3
Me too I am looking forward to enrol in this programme , I have submitted an application and they offered me a an interview which is not arranged yet , could someone share with us his interview experience ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any update on how you got on?
Reply 5
Original post by JakartaTomcat
Any update on how you got on?

My funding fell through from work :frown:
Original post by laalNick
My funding fell through from work :frown:

Doh! Sorry to hear that. I've got an interview coming up and just wondered what sort of grilling I'll get. I'm having to fund it myself alongside student loans (as you can get them for MSc courses now).
Reply 7
Original post by JakartaTomcat
Doh! Sorry to hear that. I've got an interview coming up and just wondered what sort of grilling I'll get. I'm having to fund it myself alongside student loans (as you can get them for MSc courses now).

Wasn't just the part funding though but being able to get the time off work to go down there for the weeks placements. :frown:

Not enjoying work so much at the minute.

Hope your interview goes well though. Will you let me know how it went and what they asked etc just in case circumstances change....
Reply 8
Original post by laalNick
Wasn't just the part funding though but being able to get the time off work to go down there for the weeks placements. :frown:

Not enjoying work so much at the minute.

Hope your interview goes well though. Will you let me know how it went and what they asked etc just in case circumstances change....

I've just passed the interview and start my first module in May. Painless experience, just chatted about my work experience and why I wanted to do the course - specifically which modules I wanted to do. Explained a lot about the course structure and funding requirements. No odd questions about boxes or frogs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending