The Student Room Group

help me choose

Hi!
So, I got a conditional offer only by Cardiff university (not Cardiff met) through UCAS because me LNAT scores are not good. I have applied to Hertfordshire through direct application and got accepted. Now the choice is do I reject Cardiff and apply through UCAS extra to Queen Mary? Is it worth the risk? Or do I just go with Cardiff?
P.S I am applying for LLB Law.
Hey there,

I have applied for LLB Law too and will be starting university this September (Super nervous lol :tongue:)
Well in regards to your question, it really depends on what you favour to be honest. For starters where do you live? Is the university too far for you? Have you looked at the difference in course structure? Give me a bit more detail about your situation then I'll help shine a bit more light onto this.
Reply 2
Law at Cardiff is amazing from what I've heard, its also great University! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Hey there,

I have applied for LLB Law too and will be starting university this September (Super nervous lol :tongue:)
Well in regards to your question, it really depends on what you favour to be honest. For starters where do you live? Is the university too far for you? Have you looked at the difference in course structure? Give me a bit more detail about your situation then I'll help shine a bit more light onto this.

hey,
where have you applied? Cardiff or herts? btw I am thinking of living in London so I might go to herts, but its ranking is a bit low so I dunno what to do!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by simran0297
hey,
where have you applied? Cardiff or herts? btw I am thinking of living in London so I might go to herts, but its ranking is a bit low so I dunno what to do!

I applied to Hertfordshire, it has a beautiful campus and it's a really friendly environment and just about 30mins away from central London. I'm 18 an going to start driving soon so it'll be perfect for me as I live in London and can just drive there :smile: I wouldn't worry about the ranking to be honest, herts is very good, they are always in top 50 or just border it. I know its not the best of unis and its not RG but at the end of the day, I think its up to the individual to make the most of what they have, what we're studying is a very competitive course and we will need to compete against the best for TC's that's why we're under pressure to work harder.

Which choice are you leaning closer to?
Reply 5
I applied to Hertfordshire, it has a beautiful campus and it's a really friendly environment and just about 30mins away from central London. I'm 18 an going to start driving soon so it'll be perfect for me as I live in London and can just drive there :smile: I wouldn't worry about the ranking to be honest, herts is very good, they are always in top 50 or just border it. I know its not the best of unis and its not RG but at the end of the day, I think its up to the individual to make the most of what they have, what we're studying is a very competitive course and we will need to compete against the best for TC's that's why we're under pressure to work harder.

Which choice are you leaning closer to?

Hertfordshire mostly... as its close to London and is cheaper than most universities... just worried about the ranking...
Reply 6
See if you meet the entry requirements of Queen May and perhaps consult with admissions of your chances before taking action. Each university is different, see which one is better suited to you, look at the way the course is structured etc.
Hertfordshire mostly... as its close to London and is cheaper than most universities... just worried about the ranking...

I was too, but don't be.
Reply 8
Original post by 1001Shab
See if you meet the entry requirements of Queen May and perhaps consult with admissions of your chances before taking action. Each university is different, see which one is better suited to you, look at the way the course is structured etc.

I do meet the entry requirements of QMUL but its too late now...
Reply 9
I was too, but don't be.

Hmmm.... okay
Hmmm.... okay

Have you decided now?
Reply 11
Have you decided now?

nope! not yet. for now Cardiff and herts are both my choice... I have time... I will make a decision later...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending