The Student Room Group

Met a girl I like who has boyfriend

Hi all.

One afternoon I was working in the library at college and I started talking to this girl. I got her on facebook and asked for her number. we started talking and I asked her out on a date to the cinema and and afterwards I took her out to a restaurant for quick a bite. For the second date I took her out to a good sushi restaurant up London. During our second date I learnt that she has a boyfriend and has been seeing him for the past 3 and half years however he lives in St Petersburg russia ( I asked her). However every time I have taken her out I have paid and always dropped her off home. She always tells me a lot about herself and her family and she comes across as a really warm and friendly person if not a little shy. No romantic stuff has happened between us and this leads me onto my question. Am I being taken for a ride?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Probably? Have you tried asking her directly?
If you don't make your intentions clear from the start it leaves you open to sponges.
Did you ask her out on a DATE? Or did you say 'want to go to the cinema?'
Because if it's the latter she may have mistaken your intentions ...
Reply 3
You seem like a good guy however if she has a boyfriend,why get close to her?

Where is the respect from you to the 'boyfriend' in question?

You should really clear up if its going any further with her before you waste anymore of your time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by CandyKoRn
Probably? Have you tried asking her directly?
If you don't make your intentions clear from the start it leaves you open to sponges.

Nope. Not really sure how to ask or if I am even confident enough. Would it be better to ask her face to face when I take her out or in a wats app conversation. How should I word the question to get her to tell me her true thoughts and feelings?
Reply 5
hmm not a ride but its a situation that needs clarification. Maybe she wants a bf in russia and one in england :colone: Clear it up and if she wants to be friends, try not violating the BRO CODE dude :biggrin:
Reply 6
If she's happy then leave it, what would you think if some guy started trying to get on your gf...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Even if you didn't use the word 'date' its still weird for her not to assume that it was a date - an acquaintance asking her out and paying for everything? :s-smilie:
i don't think so tbh.
she might be thinking about her bf and it might not be working out for her.
she might see you as something new and just what she wanted... don't flirt too much with her or anything, but be there for her. i wouldn't give up so soon. the girl probably thought about this for a long time, 'am i doing the right thing?' etc, and came to the conclusion that it's alright
Reply 9
Original post by menor95
Nope. Not really sure how to ask or if I am even confident enough. Would it be better to ask her face to face when I take her out or in a wats app conversation. How should I word the question to get her to tell me her true thoughts and feelings?

Face to face. Just be honest; ''I really like you blah blah blah, what are we doing here? do you see me as just a friend?''
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
i don't think so tbh.
she might be thinking about her bf and it might not be working out for her.
she might see you as something new and just what she wanted... don't flirt too much with her or anything, but be there for her. i wouldn't give up so soon. the girl probably thought about this for a long time, 'am i doing the right thing?' etc, and came to the conclusion that it's alright

It did cross my mind that it might not be working for her or it might be the long distance thing. I guess I will just have to ask her next time :smile:. I would stay friends with her as she is a great person to be around even if she didnt was want to move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending