The Student Room Group

How often do you have sex in a long term relationship ?

I've never had a LTR (long term rel) and I was just wondering after the "honeymoon period" where you do it everyday, does frequency decrease ?

and to what extent?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think its not about a honeymoon period but more about how much time you have. If you are both working long hours it will drop off because you will be shattered and barely have time to cook before bed. If you have more spare time together the frequency will remain. Or at least that's my experience...
Reply 2
Spontaneity declines and sex drive mismatch does slowly creep in in long term relationships, in my experience. Can't ever imagine not being up for it every day or so but my gf is quite content with once a week. Much less than this I think suggests some relationship issues. Mind you, demanding careers and especially children take their toll on anyone's libido at times..
Reply 3
Original post by redferry
I think its not about a honeymoon period but more about how much time you have. If you are both working long hours it will drop off because you will be shattered and barely have time to cook before bed. If you have more spare time together the frequency will remain. Or at least that's my experience...

A female friend once said 'the last thing you want after a hard day at work is something poking at you'. I sort of saw her point, but usually I can find sex a reviver.
Reply 4
Iv been with my bf coming up to 4 years and when we lived together we had sex every day bare minimum, now we only see each other at weekends its normally 4-6x a day :smile: we boh have high sex drives lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. It literally depends on how much time you have
Reply 6
I find that frequency is less important than synchronicity; they have to be receptive to spontaneous come-ons or else I might as well be single for the sheer, teeth-gnashing frustration it causes.

Sex once daily with someone who's always persuadable trumps thrice nightly with the sort of person who might as well be a platonic room-mate for the remaining ninety-percent of the time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek
A female friend once said 'the last thing you want after a hard day at work is something poking at you'. I sort of saw her point, but usually I can find sex a reviver.

But when You don't get in til half 8 onwards then its like arch there's literally no time.
Depends what you're doing and how much time you have. I'd say maybe 1-2 times a week from past experience.
Reply 9
But when You don't get in til half 8 onwards then its like arch there's literally no time.

I think that with a competent and passionate lover; time would be made for sex at all costs.
Reply 10
Original post by Zarek

I hope to die before reaching an age where that seems more relatable than debatable.
Reply 11
University - if living together - every day, no excuses.
University - not living together (i.e. different halls / flats) - three times a week

Anyone else, if it's not at least twice a week, you're wasting your time.
Reply 12
Original post by Clip
University - if living together - every day, no excuses.
University - not living together (i.e. different halls / flats) - three times a week

Anyone else, if it's not at least twice a week, you're wasting your time.

Amen.
Reply 13
Ex, she usually kept it to no more than once or twice per week. Was fairly happy with that frequency though there were times that it would happen daily.

Girlfriend, she initiates it 3-5 times per week, I try not to reject her as she does get bitchy if I do.
Reply 14
Original post by James Gee
I think that with a competent and passionate lover; time would be made for sex at all costs.

Some people have to choose between eating and sex. That's the reality of work for a lot of people, not to mention those who have kids.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
This. It literally depends on how much time you have

Whenever Tyrion tells me too.
Original post by Alex.x.x
Iv been with my bf coming up to 4 years and when we lived together we had sex every day bare minimum, now we only see each other at weekends its normally 4-6x a day :smile: we boh have high sex drives lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

4-6 times? He recharges quickly.
meh, like once a week. If that.
Reply 18
Some people have to choose between eating and sex. That's the reality of work for a lot of people, not to mention those who have kids.

I beg to differ. There is food sex (whipped cream etc.) and also the notion that the sweet juices from your vagina may well be the only nourishment a man needs, not to mention the protein content of a healthy man's semen may be enough sustenance for yourself . I propose that you have not been as creative with this as you perhaps could have been, and that the opportunity to kill two proverbial birds with one stone has alluded you to the point where both birds have soared beyond your grasp and have proceeded to **** upon you.
Reply 19
Original post by James Gee
I beg to differ. There is food sex (whipped cream etc.) and also the notion that the sweet juices from your vagina may well be the only nourishment a man needs, not to mention the protein content of a healthy man's semen may be enough sustenance for yourself . I propose that you have not been as creative with this as you perhaps could have been, and that the opportunity to kill two proverbial birds with one stone has alluded you to the point where both birds have soared beyond your grasp and have proceeded to **** upon you.
Oy a broch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending