The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Freshers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lala121
Oh thats soo fab :smile: How was that? I dont wanna stay at glen eyre because it seems a bit tacky and dated. Especially the dark green curtains YUCK! :biggrin: City Gateway is also more expensive, so I'm going to sort out budget to see it will work. Ooh a car :smile: Actually no no! You are bad! Don't you know we are all going to die because of global warming :wink: :tongue:

Yeah it was good :smile: Glen eyre has a new block as well. I applied for a premium ensuite in the hope of possibly getting in there! If not, hey it's probably only for a year or so anyway! Haha I will really miss my car :frown: I know I know.. But I'm a fitness instructor and teach at different gyms so I need it to take my sound system, gym bag, etc. :colondollar:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Esta16
five year course :smile: you?

5 year here too!!! So excited. Not met any medical students starting next year yet. Have you looked at accommodation yet?
Hey all,

A few of us set up a facebook page a couple of years ago to help Southampton students with any accommodation questions and help keep in touch with others in your halls. You'll find it here:

https://www.facebook.com/SouthamptonSAS/timeline

We've also created a blog that answers questions like 'What type of halls will suit me' and includes interviews with students about the halls they lived in.

http://southamptonsas.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/what-type-of-halls-will-suit-me/

Hope this helps and good luck with applications :smile:

Emily
Reply 83
Got my unconditional offer from WSA fashion and textile design.. Yaaayy Anyone else??
Reply 84
Original post by Matthew150
Hope to see you there! I think we'll both be in the Health Sciences building, presuming we both get in!

I think nursing students have most of their lectures in the nightingale building :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by Rebeccaaaa123
Yeah it was good :smile: Glen eyre has a new block as well. I applied for a premium ensuite in the hope of possibly getting in there! If not, hey it's probably only for a year or so anyway! Haha I will really miss my car :frown: I know I know.. But I'm a fitness instructor and teach at different gyms so I need it to take my sound system, gym bag, etc. :colondollar:

Glens got looads of green open space and is right next to campus, and city gateway has got no green space at all, id prefer glen :smile:
Reply 86
Criminology and Psychology :smile: Anyone else ?
Reply 87
Hi, I have firmed Southampton for MSci Chemistry and Biochemistry (4 years)! Can't wait for September! Anyone else doing any kind of Chemistry or Biology??
I applied for Glen Eyre and Wessex Lane for accommodation :smile:
I was going to study at Southampton last year but I decided instead to defer. Now, though, it's all accepted and I'm going to be studying BA English and Music, hopefully living at Glen Eyre :smile: Hope someone else is studying too... :biggrin:
Studying English in the Avenue Campus :smile: hopefully meet some of you in September!
Reply 90
Has anyone received their accommodation offers yet? It's almost 2 weeks into August.
Original post by Senecaa
Has anyone received their accommodation offers yet? It's almost 2 weeks into August.

Nope, should hear by Thursday - the middle of September (like last year I'm led to believe).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't received any offer for accomodation either. Hope they won't take too much longer... Btw, anybody studying aeronautics& astronautics?

Cheers!
Reply 93
Original post by meganm27
Criminology and Psychology :smile: Anyone else ?

Education and Psychology! I considered Criminology :smile:
Everyone wants Glen Eyre! I'm HOPEFULLY going to be studying Law at Southampton :smile: So so nervous about tomorrow!!
Reply 95
Hey there! Im Alex, 23 yr old lad doin law
Anyone already have a gaff and got an extra room n lookin for a roomie??!!
Im rather easy going, tidy, I like good banter, footy (Liverpool), fifa, few pints when everyone done study n what not . would love to find a few good blokes/lasses instead of endin up with some random tossers.

my facebook is under T Alex Hickman III if u wanna get an idea of what im all about. im from newfoundland which is an island inbetween Canada and Greenland...basically just an island of friendly irish and English pissheads that aren't afraid of a good time ( we were part of UK 60 yrs ago) We certainly aren't Yanks or canucks, youtube newfie accents if you want an example lol iv also done my fair share of travel so im not an ignorant **** like most ppl that come from north america
would love to hear back from some ppl
Reply 96
I was just looking through the list for clearing on Southampton's website and my course's requirements are now BBB when i have an offer of AAB to get in my a levels tomorrow. Does this mean that if i ended up getting BBB tomorrow i would still be accepted? Are they super undersubscribed for loads of courses?! :confused:
Original post by AlexR95
I was just looking through the list for clearing on Southampton's website and my course's requirements are now BBB when i have an offer of AAB to get in my a levels tomorrow. Does this mean that if i ended up getting BBB tomorrow i would still be accepted? Are they super undersubscribed for loads of courses?! :confused:

Hey, not sure what course you're doing, but mine was BBB offer. I just got ACC and was accepted (plus an A in EPQ) :smile: I'm 85% sure I will go… just got a lot of loose ends to tie up here before I move away and I'll be sacrificing a lot!
Reply 98
Original post by Rebeccaaaa123
Hey, not sure what course you're doing, but mine was BBB offer. I just got ACC and was accepted (plus an A in EPQ) :smile: I'm 85% sure I will go… just got a lot of loose ends to tie up here before I move away and I'll be sacrificing a lot!

Congrats on your offer! haha i ended up getting BBB and was still accepted so it's all good :biggrin: aww fair enough, well i hope to see you there :smile:
Original post by AlexR95
Congrats on your offer! haha i ended up getting BBB and was still accepted so it's all good :biggrin: aww fair enough, well i hope to see you there :smile:

Yay that's great! :biggrin: What course are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending