The Student Room Group

He used me for sex!

Met someone beginning of February, all was going pretty well. He was quite vocal on how much he enjoys sex, which I do too but it didn't bother me. We'd had several dates which all went quite well. I was going to see him before I went on holiday but he was busy and so was I. The past 2 weeks whilst I've been on holiday he has been messaging me on Skype; practically not one day went by whereby he didn't send me a message. I was excited to see him when I got back, and so was he. I returned last week, went to see him Friday evening, spent the night . . and not heard a word since! I sent a polite, friendly message yesterday with general ''how are you?..hope work hasn't been too manic'', but I've heard nothing. He's still on Skype, 'Online', hasn't blocked me, although did change his status to 'Do not Disturb', but now it's back to 'Online'. However I am determined to remain dignified and not chase, bombard the **** with numerous messages, not that kinda of girl. But at the same time, I have a mixture of emotions going on. Upset, pissed off, hurt, annoyed. I even said to him ''Please do not mug me off'', he said ''No I wouldn't do that''.

Have I just been naive about the whole thing? I genuinely thought he liked me. I don't sleep around, I can count on 1 hand how many people I have been with, to which I am proud of. But this situation has made me feel incredibly crap about myself.

How do I get over something like this? I have kinda just 'put myself' back out there and carrying on with my life. But the heartache hurts :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
His problem, not yours. Been there, those kind of people are absolutely pathetic and proven to be lacking in the brain department (from my experience) so forget about it, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
(edited 10 years ago)
How's communication beforehand? Did he make any promises or whatever? :frown: If you weren't then I think you may need to move on.
Reply 3
Are you familiar with "Marlene on the wall" By Suzanne Vega?
Reply 4
Well don't assume things. There may be a number of reasons why. Maybe someone in his family dies and he is having trouble dealing with it. You don't know. Ask people he knows if he is ok or see if they can find anything out. If they ignore you or are rude then just move on and stick them onto the list of bad people.
Reply 5
Original post by IronSoldier
Well don't assume things. There may be a number of reasons why. Maybe someone in his family dies and he is having trouble dealing with it. You don't know. Ask people he knows if he is ok or see if they can find anything out. If they ignore you or are rude then just move on and stick them onto the list of bad people.

Inclined to say 'oh please' but how long has he ignored you for OP?
Two possibilities:

1. You're right and he used you, in which case, don't waste time on him! Must be hard for you and I know it's easy for us to tell you to stop talking to him etc, but if he's been using you then the best you can do is get on with your life. We're all here if you need support, otherwise focus on the good stuff in your life, like friends an family. And don't blame yourself! It's pretty easy to fall into a trap like that.

2. He has a genuine reason for not talking to you. Maybe something big has happened to him and he doesn't want to talk to anyone?

Either way, you're probably better off leaving him to it, and if he wants to talk to you again, he will. If not, then you know you're better off without him :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by lawn
His problem, not yours. Been there, those kind of people are absolutely pathetic and proven to be lacking in the brain department (from my experience) so forget about it, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

It's horrible though. I was blunt and honest with him from day 1. If he no longer wants to see me, that's fine. I could move on with my life, but to do what he's done has annoyed me more than anything :frown:.

Original post by WildeAboutOscar
How's communication beforehand? Did he make any promises or whatever? :frown: If you weren't then I think you may need to move on.

Was fine; was messaged every few days beforehand. He even lost his phone at one point, and took the time to message me from the computer.

Original post by Limpopo
Are you familiar with "Marlene on the wall" By Suzanne Vega?

No?

Bit hard not to assume he's used me for sex, when I've heard bugger all since Friday/Sat morning. Like I said above, I wouldn't even mind if he messaged and said it's not going to work and etc, but to leave things as they are is rude imo. Clearly I am too honest/blunt :dontknow:
Reply 8
Original post by lawn
Inclined to say 'oh please' but how long has he ignored you for OP?

I felt his at just gone 8am Saturday moring. I woke him up, said I am going, he reached out for a hug and I kissed him on the cheek before leaving, saying ''See you soon''. I sent a polite message yesterday with general chitchat conversation, as I didn't want to make a whole song and dance about the sex. I didn't want to appear awkward and etc, but clearly it's an issue . . for him :frown:
Haha think with your head not your pants in future
Reply 10
Original post by Flobie
Two possibilities:

1. You're right and he used you, in which case, don't waste time on him! Must be hard for you and I know it's easy for us to tell you to stop talking to him etc, but if he's been using you then the best you can do is get on with your life. We're all here if you need support, otherwise focus on the good stuff in your life, like friends an family. And don't blame yourself! It's pretty easy to fall into a trap like that.

2. He has a genuine reason for not talking to you. Maybe something big has happened to him and he doesn't want to talk to anyone?

Either way, you're probably better off leaving him to it, and if he wants to talk to you again, he will. If not, then you know you're better off without him :smile:

Inclined to lean more towards point 1 . . seems more logical :dontknow:! But either way, I am done with it tbh . . a man who does this kinda behaviour to ANY woman is a complete and utter dirt bag!
Reply 11
Original post by neal95
Haha think with your head not your pants in future

Not here to be lectured! If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing at all.
Original post by Anonymous
Inclined to lean more towards point 1 . . seems more logical :dontknow:! But either way, I am done with it tbh . . a man who does this kinda behaviour to ANY woman is a complete and utter dirt bag!

Good! Just remember you're the better person. You're better off without him, and you did nothing wrong. :smile:
Reply 13

Bit hard not to assume he's used me for sex, when I've heard bugger all since Friday/Sat morning. Like I said above, I wouldn't even mind if he messaged and said it's not going to work and etc, but to leave things as they are is rude imo. Clearly I am too honest/blunt :dontknow:

If it is the case you can be angry when that is set in stone and is known. But I repeat. You cannot just assume things. Remove yourself from the equation. See beyond what is known. It could be that you're correct. It could also be a million other things. Think about if you go to him and start accusing him of using you for sex when really the truth of what is happening is something worse for him..say a grand parent died and he is having trouble dealing with it and doesn't want to tell people or burden you with it?...

I don't know. You don't know. Hence wy I said try to find out from friends ect.
Reply 14
I felt his at just gone 8am Saturday moring. I woke him up, said I am going, he reached out for a hug and I kissed him on the cheek before leaving, saying ''See you soon''. I sent a polite message yesterday with general chitchat conversation, as I didn't want to make a whole song and dance about the sex. I didn't want to appear awkward and etc, but clearly it's an issue . . for him :frown:

If he does speak to you be sure to let him know how insensitive his ignoring you was. Anyway be thankful this guy wasn't obnoxious and shallow to you, as I have experienced.
Very similar thing has just happened to me. Wasn't quite as long as you though. He said similar things to me while seeing him. Makes you feel so stupid, upset, confused and used...Some guys are like that I guess. Think it gives them an ego boost and they don't realise how it makes the other person feel. Try as hard as you can not to let this bother you. I can pretty much guarantee he's not worth feeling crap about
Reply 16
If it is the case you can be angry when that is set in stone and is known. But I repeat. You cannot just assume things. Remove yourself from the equation. See beyond what is known. It could be that you're correct. It could also be a million other things. Think about if you go to him and start accusing him of using you for sex when really the truth of what is happening is something worse for him..say a grand parent died and he is having trouble dealing with it and doesn't want to tell people or burden you with it?...

I don't know. You don't know. Hence wy I said try to find out from friends ect.

That's the thing though . . I don't know any of his friends! If I did, I would have said something to one of them by now. :dontknow: We kept the whole thing quiet as we didn't want to jump into anything too quickly. I'm not the type of girl to go running up to a guy and start throwing accusations at him for no apparent reason, that's not me. But as the saying goes ''Actions speak louder than words'', and what he's doing now is certainly telling me how this has 'panned' out. I do like the fact that you remain optimistic in the whole situation, which is nice to hear, but unfortunately I am not feeling it, and truly believe he simply used me and that was that! :dontknow:
Reply 17
"He was quite vocal on how much he enjoys sex" thats all you had to write
And? He was quite vocal about wanting sex and you obliged. He doesn't have to talk to you. You mugged yourself off. If you don't want to be treated like a piece of meat don't hang yourself on the hook.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by lawn
If he does speak to you be sure to let him know how insensitive his ignoring you was. Anyway be thankful this guy wasn't obnoxious and shallow to you, as I have experienced.

If he does bother to say anything I doubt very much I will respond . . play him at his own game, see how he likes it! But unfortunately I doubt I will get that opportunity.

Very similar thing has just happened to me. Wasn't quite as long as you though. He said similar things to me while seeing him. Makes you feel so stupid, upset, confused and used...Some guys are like that I guess. Think it gives them an ego boost and they don't realise how it makes the other person feel. Try as hard as you can not to let this bother you. I can pretty much guarantee he's not worth feeling crap about

Although it is not nice to endure, I am glad to hear someone else understands the pain and upset. This has gone on for 2 months; he's taken me out several times - drinks, dinner. I honestly would not have minded if he messaged and said ''Bla bla bla'' but to say nothing and just ignore, is so so hurtful! And he himself said '' .. I won't want to hurt anyone, or be hurt myself''!

P****!

Latest

Trending

Trending