The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Mathematics and psychology degree

Hi guys,
I have applied to do mathematics and psychology as my degree! I've got my offers now from univerty of Liverpool, reading, Lancaster and keele. I'm finding it really hard to pick my firm and insurance so has anyone else applied to this course?
Would love to chat with any of you, thanks :smile:
Hey :smile:
I'm planning on doing maths with spanish and I've firmed Liverpool. Have you picked your firm now? :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Hey! I've also applied for mathematics and psychology, I applied to Liverpool, reading, Keele, Newcastle, and Hertfordshire. I ruled out Hertford :P (only applied there to fill in my final option) . I went to see Newcastle and it was really nice, however the course was not BPS credited, so I ruled that out too. Keele offered me a unconditional so I decided to confirm that as my insurance, also, I really liked the university campus. SO, then it was between reading and Liverpool. I went to see both universities and I found Reading quite dull, and I prefer the city so I picked Liverpool :P.. I hope that helps in some way :smile:
Reply 3
I've decided to firm Liverpool too so it looks like we will all be seeing each other there in September :smile: how're everyone's alevels going? Are you as stressed out as me that exams are so close? Haha
I'm sooo worried about my exams and even more worried that I won't get the grades for liverpool :/ I guess all I can do is just revise like crazy :P
That's so cool! I will see you both there! yup just revise like crazy! :P
I'm actually one year above have I have already got 3 B's secured, so i'm not too stressed out.. but cuz im taking a gap year, retaking a few exams and doing the revision without a teacher im bit worried. Its so hard to motivate yourself when you're not going into college! :/

I've been considering to change my course to maths and computer science..but im not sure. im really indecisive :P I changed my course 3 times already! :P
Reply 6
Original post by Anandee929
That's so cool! I will see you both there! yup just revise like crazy! :P
I'm actually one year above have I have already got 3 B's secured, so i'm not too stressed out.. but cuz im taking a gap year, retaking a few exams and doing the revision without a teacher im bit worried. Its so hard to motivate yourself when you're not going into college! :/

I've been considering to change my course to maths and computer science..but im not sure. im really indecisive :P I changed my course 3 times already! :P

Wow thats a lot of times haha! I'm revising so much at the minute :P I was considering a gap year but wasn't sure what I would want to do in it so decided uni straight away was probably the better option for me :smile: yeah being self-sufficient is so hard but at the moment I'm just revising in most of my lessons so I'd rather stay home to revise because it's an hours trek to my college and it's not very easy to go home early in free blocks
Reply 7
Original post by LostInStereo123
I'm sooo worried about my exams and even more worried that I won't get the grades for liverpool :/ I guess all I can do is just revise like crazy :P

I'm a worrier too haha but I just keep thinking that it's 8 more weeks and I will be on holiday relaxing and enjoying my summer :smile:
Original post by Beverley_M
I'm a worrier too haha but I just keep thinking that it's 8 more weeks and I will be on holiday relaxing and enjoying my summer :smile:

Haha I can't wait until summer so I can just sleep and make up for all of the TV shows I've missed :wink:
Wow thats a lot of times haha! I'm revising so much at the minute :P I was considering a gap year but wasn't sure what I would want to do in it so decided uni straight away was probably the better option for me :smile: yeah being self-sufficient is so hard but at the moment I'm just revising in most of my lessons so I'd rather stay home to revise because it's an hours trek to my college and it's not very easy to go home early in free blocks

Yeah I know :P yeah just keep working but treat yourself too after working hard :P and yeah everyone is different so depends on what feels right to you. I just needed a year out, there was stuff that I wanted to do, like volunteer etc. Ah that's a good idea :P last year I also just stayed in college till late and revised my ass off!:P .. even though I lived 10 minute walk away :P .. but it was too noise at home for me. Have you applied for accommodations yet? if so which halls have you applied to? any suggestions? I need to apply asap.
Reply 10
Original post by Anandee929
Yeah I know :P yeah just keep working but treat yourself too after working hard :P and yeah everyone is different so depends on what feels right to you. I just needed a year out, there was stuff that I wanted to do, like volunteer etc. Ah that's a good idea :P last year I also just stayed in college till late and revised my ass off!:P .. even though I lived 10 minute walk away :P .. but it was too noise at home for me. Have you applied for accommodations yet? if so which halls have you applied to? any suggestions? I need to apply asap.

Sorry for the late reply!
my first choice accomodation is crown place single, then crown place double then vine court single. I really want to live on campus because then it's near everything and the shops and clubs are a 10 minute walk away :smile:
Sorry for the late reply!
my first choice accomodation is crown place single, then crown place double then vine court single. I really want to live on campus because then it's near everything and the shops and clubs are a 10 minute walk away :smile:

awh sounds good! they are really nice accommodations! I went for places in the Carnatic village. I didn't want to live away and share bathrooms but I wanted to get catered for and on campus was a bit much for me interms of cost!:/

Did you get your first choice?

I enquired about the computer science course, like when can I change mm course the latest etc and they emailed me saying my course has successful been changed! :/ they just changed it! :P ... crazy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending