The Student Room Group

Beards.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Precious Illusions
Oh you :blush:

Oh wow really?!? What a bunch of ********s. :frown:

haha I know, one of my best friends is ginger and he faced horrible discrimination in the neighbourhood - they called him "ginger snap", "cinna-man", "wotsit skinned", "vampire", it was just awful :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
I've been growing a beard for the past few months and I'm loving it :biggrin:

It's getting a little darker brown as it grows longer, and it's just reached the point where I have to start trimming the moustache part to stop it getting covered in food all the time.

My SO like it a lot too, which is a bonus :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Monkey.Man
haha I know, one of my best friends is ginger and he faced horrible discrimination in the neighbourhood - they called him "ginger snap", "cinna-man", "wotsit skinned", "vampire", it was just awful :lol:

Lmao really? That's so pathetic. Wotsit skinned wtf :rofl:
I'd love one, I love the look. Yet, I have a bald spot under my jaw line. Really random. Could be an underlying illness. But it's depressing. Otherwise we'd be good to go!
Reply 24
i have grown a french beard :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Blind Ferret
I'd love one, I love the look. Yet, I have a bald spot under my jaw line. Really random. Could be an underlying illness. But it's depressing. Otherwise we'd be good to go!

I have the same bald spot. It's very annoying :mad:
Original post by biggles1
I have the same bald spot. It's very annoying :mad:

Tell me about it, the worst part is -- some hair will grow just underneath it. Making this obvious circle of shame. So neck hair is very limited for me .
Reply 27
Original post by Blind Ferret
Tell me about it, the worst part is -- some hair will grow just underneath it. Making this obvious circle of shame. So neck hair is very limited for me .

I think mine is a little further back than yours, it's mostly obscured now thanks to the hair growing down from the front of my chin.
What many guys don't realise is that beards/facial hair doesn't suit everyone.
I've heard some say that anyone who can grow decent facial hair should do so, because 'every man looks better with it'.

I never believed it anyway, and came across a picture of Joe Jonas:
1386010025000-GTY-451313183.jpg joe-jonas-ranks-selena-gomez-demi-lovato-miley-cyrus-watch-now.jpg
Horrendous.
He's not a bad looking guy - without that hideous thing growing on his face. Whoever is advising him to grow/keep that is clearly blind or hates his guts. It's really not helped by his heavy eyebrows either.

There seems to be a huge influx of guys walking around like this (hair included):
tumblr_mmei0jdGLO1rka5ueo1_500.jpg Penny-Lane-620x414.jpg
right now. And for every five guys sporting that look, maybe one or two actually manage to pull it off.
Obviously they can do whatever they want, but the beard or facial hair look really really doesn't suit everyone.

When the style in the above picture is pulled off though, it looks great.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by biggles1
I've been growing a bear for the past few months and I'm loving it :biggrin:

It's getting a little darker brown as it grows longer, and it's just reached the point where I have to start trimming the moustache part to stop it getting covered in food all the time.

My SO like it a lot too, which is a bonus :smile:

How does one go about obtaining the resources to grow a bear, and how does he feel about the moustache trimming?

Pls respond.
Reply 30
Original post by Viva Emptiness
How does one go about obtaining the resources to grow a bear, and how does he feel about the moustache trimming?

Pls respond.

I can't comment on sourcing one due to a NDA I signed, however I can tell you he gets a little grumpy about the moustache trimming :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by dipansh
i have grown a french beard :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

french :eek: but mister Dipansh.. no
haha kidding I love your beard :colondollar:
Reply 32
Original post by Viva Emptiness

Pls respond.

how do you grow a bear.. wouldn't that hurt??:eek:
Beards on certain guys are hot!!!!!!!!!!

:drool:
Reply 34
Original post by cupcakes87

yess!! and your picture is perfect mellon :wink:
Reply 35
I am so sick of the beard craze. Gets on my nerves.
Reply 36
Original post by cupcakes87

the emoticon you have used is amazing :P
Reply 37
You're amazing :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by lou 22
I am so sick of the beard craze. Gets on my nerves.

Their is no beard craze. That's because beards have always been ****ing awesome.
Reply 39
Original post by jefferz
Their is no beard craze. That's because beards have always been ****ing awesome.

your username xD.

Quick Reply

Latest