The Student Room Group

Anyone not started revising? (GCSE)

So I'm starting to revise but I just wondered, has anyone not started to revise?

Before every time I would sit down to do my homework and other school work and then revise afterwards, I would run out of time to do revision!

Also how long do you revise for and how long have you been revising for if you have already started?

Reply 1
bump
I stated revision at Xmas. I do 1 hour in school a night . At home I will done about 2 more hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm doing A levels and only just started revising!
I think for my GCSE's I started revising about a month before my Exams for about 3/4 Hours a day
I got all A's at GCSE's except for DT.
I suspect you won't need that much revision I only did that much because I spent the majority of my year 11 messing about
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
It doesn't matter how long you revise, everybody studies different subjects for different amounts of times because they find different subject challenging/hard to revise and with other subjects it could just click!
But don't worry, we've got more than enough time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
gcse's can be done in 1 week with A*
If you have absorbed everything you have learnt all year, and naturally quite bright, you can get an A or A* with 2 days revision before the exam. The key though is to NOT TAKE THE RISK.

Revise as EARLY as possible as you will do a lot of exams. I'm doing A Levels and have been revision for a week. Already prepared for 4/8 exams and the first one is on the 13th of May.

Just depends how well you want to do and how much effort you are prepaid to put it. Looking back, GCSEs were easy compared to A Level; if you're aiming for Oxbridge get min 6A*, should be easy if you start revising now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shadow-X

Original post by Shadow-X

I Really hope so!
I suggest you start revising as early as possible! Revise your weaknesses the most but don't revise them so much that you get bored and don't revise nearer the time too.

I revised for about 3 days before each exam and I now consider myself very lucky that I managed to pull it off with A grades but if I was to go back and change I'd certainly revise a lot earlier!

I hope it all goes well, don't panic, you can only do your best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just started, aiming for 5/6A* let you know in august how that goes ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply