The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 1
I'm on Vodafone and the signal's pretty good in most places. Definitely don't go with Orange though as I used to have that and couldn't get any signal anywhere on campus or in halls.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
What about 3 mobile?!.. or am i just taking the piss there lol?
Lyds117
Definitely don't go with Orange though as I used to have that and couldn't get any signal anywhere on campus or in halls.

Argh PANTS
Reply 4
Damn I have an Orange sim card which gives me 5 free texts a day.... so Ill need a decent new network
Freezer
Damn I have an Orange sim card which gives me 5 free texts a day.... so Ill need a decent new network

I've got that as well! Although I'm sure lots of people have said that Orange gets quite good coverage there.. so I'll stick with it for now. Hmmm..
musicalfruit
I've got that as well! Although I'm sure lots of people have said that Orange gets quite good coverage there.. so I'll stick with it for now. Hmmm..

Remember orange wednesdays too!.. will be useful :wink:
thenaughtyjoker
What about 3 mobile?!.. or am i just taking the piss there lol?

Yeah pretty much :p:
I was with Orange for the duration of my first year @ Sussex. The signal is fine on campus but in Lewes Court the most you'd ever get was one bar, and you HAD to leave your phone by the window. This was the same for everyone though regardless of mobile phone operator. I used to get perfect reception at my friends place in East Slope and in Brighthelm...there is no need to change contract.
Reply 9
Surely the university should invest in boosing it's phone signal or something?
hallucination
I was with Orange for the duration of my first year @ Sussex. The signal is fine on campus but in Lewes Court the most you'd ever get was one bar, and you HAD to leave your phone by the window. This was the same for everyone though regardless of mobile phone operator. I used to get perfect reception at my friends place in East Slope and in Brighthelm...there is no need to change contract.

Wahey! That's what I like to hear! Thanks :smile:
misslibby
Yeah pretty much :p:

ahhh looks like i will have to change my 3mobile contract then!!.. what network do you guys reckon i should change to?!
Reply 12
O2 has the strongest signal on campus - I had my phone on roaming when i was visiting and O2 was always picked up.
Reply 13
redluc
O2 has the strongest signal on campus - I had my phone on roaming when i was visiting and O2 was always picked up.

oh good :biggrin:
redluc

excellent :smile:.. i'll bear that in mind!
Aspect
Surely the university should invest in boosing it's phone signal or something?

That's down to the phone companies, not Sussex.

I've used orange and O2 on campus. Both were fine generally, a few blackspots, but that'll happen anywhere really.

Latest