Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Bollywood Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zubz91)
    safe house is a top movie, defo worth watching Denzel never ceases to amaze with his acting
    gonna watch it. denzel is pretty amazing actor an' all. saying that was watching family guy, I wish I sounded like Morgan Freeman, (scouse of course though).

lol

Agree about Nusrat though- pretty amazing singer. Don't listen to asian songs anyway but Nusrat is pretty amazing though.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    gonna watch it. denzel is pretty amazing actor an' all. saying that was watching family guy, I wish I sounded like Morgan Freeman, (scouse of course though).

lol

Agree about Nusrat though- pretty amazing singer. Don't listen to asian songs anyway but Nusrat is pretty amazing though.
    Hhah Morgan freemen is too sick, i defo agree with you .. LOL am not sure about scouse doe lol am gna try imagine that. Shikhen Burger.

Nusrat, i dunno how he done it yhp triple amazing is all i can say
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    I couldn't decide whether to put Yamla Pagla Deewana, Yuva or Yakeen, so I went with the first one because it's fairly well known!

I - I Hate Luv Storys (great film!)

Edit: I was beaten to that so I'll go to the next one. A - Agent Vinod
    Dum maro Dum
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vik94)
    Dum maro Dum
    My Name Is Khan
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    My Name Is Khan
    No One Killed Jessica
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumiT)
    No One Killed Jessica
    Agneepath
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumiT)
    I've no choice but to choose..

Qayamat se qayamat tak
    Awesome choice. It's what i would have chosen as well
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hum Tum
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumiT)
    I agree that most songs these days are just :facepalm: but the films back in those days were equally :facepalm2: imo.
    Kuch Kuch Hota Hai = bad????

Lie.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indianaussie)
    Hum Tum
    I'm gonna throw one in on the game.

I'm going to say - Mann :bl:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bolly_mad)
    Kuch Kuch Hota Hai = bad????

Lie.
    What film is that?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bolly_mad)
    I'm gonna throw one in on the game.

I'm going to say - Mann :bl:
    No Entry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumiT)
    What film is that?
    Seriously? It's one of Bollywood's biggest hits. The song I posted previously was from this movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuch_kuch_hota_hai
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don (new) (:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Agent Vinod is a great film! I totally loved it. The only thing I would say is that it could have been shorter by 15-20 mins .Strong story, some fabulous locations (12 countries!!) and great action with a touch of romance. Saif could win a second national award next year. Looking forward to seeing this as a franchise.

This is the time for action thrillers it seems. First Don 2 then 'Players', now 'Agent Vinod' and we've still got YRF's 'Ek Tha Tiger' w/ Salman-Kat on Eid, Abbas Mustan's 'Race 2' and Aamir's 'Dhoom 3' to come.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    Agent Vinod is a great film! I totally loved it. The only thing I would say is that it could have been shorter by 15-20 mins .Strong story, some fabulous locations (12 countries!!) and great action with a touch of romance. Saif could win a second national award next year. Looking forward to seeing this as a franchise.
    Came across a trailer when I went to me cousin's house. Looks pathetic. Just look like a cheap, laughable, cheesy version of James Bond.

Talk about originality. I bet the director of Agent Vinod must have been watching Allistair Mcgowan's impressions of James Bond.

No originality whatsoever.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Came across a trailer when I went to me cousin's house. Looks pathetic. Just look like a cheap, laughable, cheesy version of James Bond.

Talk about originality. I bet the director of Agent Vinod must have been watching Allistair Mcgowan's impressions of James Bond.

No originality whatsoever.
    It's certainly not James Bond. The character is very different to the Bond character for a start. Also, remember that the spy thriller genre had been established waay before any of the Bond films, so the originality argument can't be used against it.

The only reason why it has been compared to Bond is because of the suit Saif wears on the posters. However, in the film, he wears that suit to one formal occasion and he's only in it for a couple of minutes.

I can assure you that it's more down to earth than any of the Bond films. You'll just have to see it. It's relevant to the goings on at the current time whereas Bond just came because of the paranoia in relation to Russians, and went from there.

You'll just have to see it
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    It's certainly not James Bond. The character is very different to the Bond character for a start. Also, remember that the spy thriller genre had been established waay before any of the Bond films, so the originality argument can't be used against it.

The only reason why it has been compared to Bond is because of the suit Saif wears on the posters. However, in the film, he wears that suit to one formal occasion and he's only in it for a couple of minutes.

I can assure you that it's more down to earth than any of the Bond films. You'll just have to see it. It's relevant to the goings on at the current time whereas Bond just came because of the paranoia in relation to Russians, and went from there.

You'll just have to see it
    I am aware that spy thriller genre was established way before James Bond. I haven't said anything different.

So a "wearing a suit, not a suit" is the main difference that you tagging your hopes on.

Whilst James Bond did come about from the cold war, doesn't mean that other spies films or dramas from Hollywood does not focus on current times.
    Of course, you could argue that Agent Vinod (reading the daily mail as there was some link) comes from the paranoia of Pakistan. Not sure as I have not watched the film and have no intention watching poor Asians films.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am aware that spy thriller genre was established way before James Bond. I haven't said anything different.

So a "wearing a suit, not a suit" is the main difference that you tagging your hopes on.

Whilst James Bond did come about from the cold war, doesn't mean that other spies films or dramas from Hollywood does not focus on current times.
    Of course, you could argue that Agent Vinod (reading the daily mail as there was some link) comes from the paranoia of Pakistan. Not sure as I have not watched the film and have no intention watching poor Asians films.
    If you have no intention, then why are you on this thread? Why not waste your life and designate an entire thread to why you hate 'poor Asian films'. I thought this thread was for people to share their LOVE for these films? :rolleyes:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 17, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.