The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Teaser for Dibakar Banerjee's exciting new film Detective Byomkesh Bakshy, starring Sushant Singh Rajput in the title role. A full trailer will be launching soon, keep your eyes peeled! Can't wait for this film :biggrin:

[video="youtube;L3sv6Frp8qw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3sv6Frp8qw[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Incredible posters for ACTION JACKSON! The full trailer will be available in just a few hours, keep your eyes open! Can't wait! :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Dialogue promos for Happy New Year :smile:

Spoiler

New song from Happy Ending :smile:

[video="youtube;l5UK_bAOsEc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5UK_bAOsEc[/video]
Here we have it - the first full trailer for ACTION JACKSON! Looks unbelievable and so exciting! Enjoy :biggrin:

[video="youtube;YubQzbzGHps"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubQzbzGHps[/video]
New song from Kill Dil :smile:

[video="youtube;Yt1Uglgv5cY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt1Uglgv5cY[/video]
I'm watching HNY in the morning (Thursday). If it's as bad as it looks, and because it is 3 hours long, I'll post a very strongly-worded review on here. Watch this space :biggrin:

Excited!
Original post by Most Competitive
I'm watching HNY in the morning (Thursday). If it's as bad as it looks, and because it is 3 hours long, I'll post a very strongly-worded review on here. Watch this space :biggrin:

And......:P
Could someone please explain to me how this article considers Bang Bang to be a flop? I was under the impression that, despite receiving mixed reviews, it made enough money to justify being called (at least) a hit. Making over 300 crore at the global BO and 200 crore domestically (not 150 as this article mentions) on a 150-crore budget is a pretty good profit margin if you ask me. Yes, it was a little underwhelming and the film wasn't quite as good as Knight And Day in terms of comedy or chemistry between the lead actors, but it's still a massive advance in the standard of Bollywood action movies. I don't believe that Bang Bang should be called a failure at the box office, does anyone else agree with me? :s-smilie:

http://businessofcinema.com/boxoffice/hrithik-katrinas-bang-bang-fails-make-bang-box-office/178033
Original post by asif007
Could someone please explain to me how this article considers Bang Bang to be a flop? I was under the impression that, despite receiving mixed reviews, it made enough money to justify being called (at least) a hit. Making over 300 crore at the global BO and 200 crore domestically (not 150 as this article mentions) on a 150-crore budget is a pretty good profit margin if you ask me. Yes, it was a little underwhelming and the film wasn't quite as good as Knight And Day in terms of comedy or chemistry between the lead actors, but it's still a massive advance in the standard of Bollywood action movies. I don't believe that Bang Bang should be called a failure at the box office, does anyone else agree with me? :s-smilie:

http://businessofcinema.com/boxoffice/hrithik-katrinas-bang-bang-fails-make-bang-box-office/178033

Final verdict is semi-hit. Will explain more if you want :smile:
Original post by jit987
Final verdict is semi-hit. Will explain more if you want :smile:

Why only a semi-hit? Making 200 crore domestically and roughly 100% profit in total should justify Bang Bang being at least a super-hit. It's the 5th highest-grossing Bollywood film of all time so I don't understand why it's not a full hit. :s-smilie:
Original post by asif007
Why only a semi-hit? Making 200 crore domestically and roughly 100% profit in total should justify Bang Bang being at least a super-hit. It's the 5th highest-grossing Bollywood film of all time so I don't understand why it's not a full hit. :s-smilie:

Budget - 140 Cr

India Business:

Producer - 173Cr

Trade - 147 Cr

The trade figure knows as BOI as the most accurate for any film. Producer figures is what the producer of the film gives to the analyst. Difference of approx 26Cr is not appreciated by the industry.

Krrish 3 difference was 65cr!
Kick / CE / Dhoom 3 difference was approx 20Cr only.

Anyway doing a mere 25cr more than it's budget and releasing in roughly 4500 screens in India is not enough for hit verdict. EVERY1 expected it to cross 200Cr but it didn't.

Example -
CE budget 120....BO 227 Cr
Kick budget 125....BO 233 Cr
Dhoom 3 budget 135.....BO 284 Cr

See the difference? :smile:
Behold the most strongly-worded review that you'll ever see me posting on here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR is a pathetic and childish slog which is an embarrassment of the highest order for Bollywood. SRK looks like an old man with a scrawny body and digitally enhanced abdominal muscles (which do look artificial). Also, the performances around him appear to be contrived; it's as if everyone was just trying too hard. Not only that, but the story is full of ridiculous elements and, apart from 2 songs, the music is horrendous. However, the film looks good and some of the choreography and comedy is good too.

Rating: 1/5
(edited 9 years ago)

HAPPY NEW YEAR is a pathetic and childish slog which is an embarrassment of the highest order for Bollywood. SRK looks like an old man with a scrawny body and digitally enhanced abdominal muscles (which do look artificial). Also, the performances around him appear to be contrived; it's as if everyone was just trying too hard. Not only that, but the story is full of ridiculous elements and, apart from 2 songs, the music is horrendous. However, the film looks good and some of the choreography and comedy is good too.

Heard there was a dig taken at Saroj Khan in the film?
Original post by jit987
Heard there was a dig taken at Saroj Khan in the film?

Yep there was. The whole film is basically in poor taste

Btw, the overseas weekend of HNY will come in 30% lower than Dhoom 3. So much for the SLAM! tour! Mwuhahahahaha!!!! :biggrin:
lol wow, I thought happy new year was supposed to b good :eek:
Original post by Princess31
lol wow, I thought happy new year was supposed to b good :eek:

SRK stopped making good films after MNIK. What a huge waste of talent!

Happy New Year is basically fading away and is being ridiculed everywhere you look
(edited 9 years ago)
SRK stopped making good films after MNIK. What a huge waste of talent!

Happy New Year is basically fading away and is being ridiculed everywhere you look

MNIK?

And I see...

I'm sorry but I don't understand the logic behind your decision to even watch the film in the first place. You've been complaining about how awful HNY looks for months now, so why did you still choose to waste your time and energy on a film that you knew you would not enjoy? I'm sure you'll agree that it would have been more sensible to give the film a miss completely and that the money you paid for your ticket would have been better spent on something else. I just can't understand why you've wasted 3 hours despite your aversion to SRK - no disrespect but I can't take any notice of your opinions. You chose to watch the film knowing it was going to be bad, which IMO is kind of childish anyway. :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending