The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Yes, everyone is welcome! You're in :biggrin:

Chubby which website did you book on? Odeon?

My friend who I'm going with told me there's no subtitles on sundays. I haven't a clue why, I think its just that one day :frown:
Reply 81
Thank you. I have't decided if i want to see that movie in subtittles or without. The subtittles do help. But it depends who i go with.

I hope you enjoy the film.
Reply 82
Nutter
Say what? I'm one myself, so I'd love to, if that's what you mean. :wink:

well if u r indiAN u shud know wot i meant. ie. u will get jumpd
Reply 83
so what's everyone favourite bollywood film of all time?
Reply 84
I'm not sure what my favourite is but its probably one of Kabhie Kushie Kabhie Gham, Kal Ho Na Ho and Main Hoon Na comes in pretty close even though it did have a couple of cheesy scenes.
Reply 85
yeah i saw the film at odeon yesterday....

and my god it was brilliant!!!!!!!!!

will discuss the film later when u all have seen it.
Reply 86
so what's everyone favourite bollywood film of all time?

hmm at the mo its kabhie Alvida Na Kehna.

i also like salaam namaste, Black and Hum Tum and kuch kuch hota hai which comes very closely after KANK
My favourite of all time is Veer Zaara, but I'm going to see Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna today, so it could change! :biggrin:
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna was amazing :love: can't wait to discuss it so everyone make sure you've seen it or else there could be some spoilers! :smile:

The whole "no subtitles on sundays" at trafford was a myth, thank goodness :biggrin: although most of it was in English anyway!
Reply 89
Hey, i was meant to go trafford yesterday but all my friends are busy revising for exams this week or doing assignments, so i couldnt go, was really annoyed about that.
But i will have seen it by Thursday, so plz dont discuss it untill then, unless thats too long for everyone to wait.

My favourite film is Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Great story, great songs, great couple. Then theres Veer-Zaara and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.

xx
Who's in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge?
Reply 91
Favourite film has to be Veer Zaara or Kal Ho Naa Ho but I loved Hum Tum aswell, just liked the cartoons really :biggrin:

Have to find a cinema to see KANK (hehe - took me a while to figure out what that meant!)
Reply 92
Rosalily

Shahrukh Khan
Kajol
Amrish Puri
Farida Jalal

Have you not seen it? Its amazing and does honestly have the best songs.
I haven't seen it!
Reply 94
Rosalily
I haven't seen it!

I would defo reccomend that you see it, defo.
Is it an old-ish one, do you know?
Reply 96

Have you not seen it? Its amazing and does honestly have the best songs.

its really an amazing film. i love it and it wil always be one of my fav movies but not my very fav. i feel that the story is v traditional and is not in tune with modern times. who the hell will wait patiently for their lover's parents to give away the lover to them? i most certaintly cant... and while wacthing the film i feel like i am watching a complete dream and cant relate to anyone in the film.

i mean i like escapism but not unrealistic escapism.

nevertheless i stil recommend anyone to watch it for the brilliant perfomance of srk and kajol and the song "tujhe dekho to...". their paring is marvellous.

Is it an old-ish one, do you know?

hmm kind of it was released in 1995 and is still running in india. in fact its the longest running film of the indian cinema. It doesnt matter when it was released as the setting is quite modern in london (amazing locales of london and switerland) but story little bit old fashioned but good
Reply 97
I'm gonna go watch it tomorow:biggrin:
Reply 98
Its one of my favourites because it is trational and and i think the story is really nice. I know its not very realistic but you kinda go to see movies to get away from reality and see a happy ending, well i do!

I love it.
Reply 99
now THAT IS A CLASSIC FILM. uve got to see it. its so good! its much better than veer zaara, kabhi alvida na kehna and the rest of sharuk films. this has got to b the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending