The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

I'll make sure I see that next then!
Reply 101
now THAT IS A CLASSIC FILM. uve got to see it. its so good! its much better than veer zaara, kabhi alvida na kehna and the rest of sharuk films. this has got to b the best.

no way!!!! its a classic but KANK is waybetter than DDLJ!
Reply 102
chubby
no way!!!! its a classic but KANK is waybetter than DDLJ!

I aint seen KANK yet, but i'm sure it'll be as good as everyone says,

But you can never beat the classics and DDLJ has got better songs than KANK. I'v heard the ones from KANK and only 2 are really worth listenening to, in my opinion.
Reply 103
i think that the must see modern bollywoood films for pure escapism are

DDLJ
KKHH
KANK
KKKG
KHNH
Hum tum
Veer zaara
Dil Chahta hai (no one seems to mention this amazing, beautiful film)
Fanaa
Mohabattein (not sure about that but watch it for one time only)

Black is not a escapism film but is so so so brilliant!!!!! for the performances
Reply 104
i hate all these abbreviations!!!
Ooo challenge...

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
??
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
Kabhi Kushie Kabhie Gham
Kal Ho Na Ho

Hmm whats the 2nd one?
Reply 106
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Reply 107
Laaibah
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

the last film i watched in the cinemas with my grandparents :redface: 1998
Go see Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna - let that be the last film you watched!!!
Reply 109
Rosalily

only if you come with me to re-see it :p:
:hmmmm:
Rosalily

It was crap; with the cliched jokes, and the petty little remarks. Well, just a Karan Johar film really, that uses big actors and ultimately pleases the majority of the indian audience. Im sorry, but i am not in this majority. It was kinda of a chick flick but for the older women. Relationships and stuff is out of my bounds to understand.

Bring on Dhoom 2.:cool:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkHdId04Fs
Reply 112
Relationships and stuff is out of my bounds to understand

yeah for me too but the idea was to deal with everything happening in your life in a mature way (talk and share about anything bad or good to ur close friends/family) and and not using fists or venting out anger at ur loved ones.
That was the theme of the film to sit down and talk about ur problems.

atleast the film didnt follow the typical boring bollywood routine completely. I dont think its a chick flick at all or a boys only flick at all. its more of a family film which any1 can watch.

i cant wait for dhoom 2 too!!!
Reply 113
Protruding _ahead
It was crap; with the cliched jokes, and the petty little remarks. Well, just a Karan Johar film really, that uses big actors and ultimately pleases the majority of the indian audience. Im sorry, but i am not in this majority. It was kinda of a chick flick but for the older women. Relationships and stuff is out of my bounds to understand.

Bring on Dhoom 2.:cool:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkHdId04Fs

so shud i watch K.A.N.K then or not, i dont wanna be stuck in d middle of a chick flick with no chick to take p*ss out of! lol :biggrin:
Reply 114
that trailor is good. got most my fav actresses (only got 2) in it!
Reply 115
so shud i watch K.A.N.K then or not, i dont wanna be stuck in d middle of a chick flick with no chick to take p*ss out of! lol

of course u shuld. there were many boys who watched the film with their mates when i watched the film with my family that day
its a great film belive me..
Protruding ahead likes all the action movies anyway, so he was bound not to like it!! :biggrin:

I'd definitely say go for it, its not all about relationships, it does make you step back and think. :smile:
oh wahey i was hoping tsr had a bollywood society! i'm a newbie, only seen devdas and clips from others. i'm making a list of dvds i need to get though :biggrin: so could i join pretty please?
Reply 118
I'd definitely say go for it, its not all about relationships, it does make you step back and think

exactly, after the film had ended, over the next couple of days i couldnt help but think about stuff around me.... never before did a film have such effect.

At times when i am alone, i cant help think more about Rhea Saran. i can really identify with her personality and why did dev betray her. it makes me think and think.....
chubby
never before did a film have such effect

I know exactly what you mean!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending