The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

After a few requests, I've decided that it is high time that TSR had a soc for all Bollywood lovers to discuss their favourite movies, actors, soundtracks and all else Bollywood related! :biggrin:

Anyone interested in Bollywood is welcome... so sign up now :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Yay! :biggrin:

I'll sign up :biggrin:
Reply 2
Yay sohail :hugs:
Reply 3
yh sure. Chatting to all bolly friends would be great, simply this indian chick^
Rosalily
Yay sohail :hugs:

hehe!! :biggrin: :hugs:
So what was the most recent Bollywood film people saw? :biggrin:
Reply 6
lil_groovy_dude
So what was the most recent Bollywood film people saw? :biggrin:

Pyare Mohan.
Cataclysm
Pyare Mohan.

Which was that one?

I know I remember the title :redface:

I watched Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham for the like billionth time last nite hehe! :biggrin: Kajol is a brilliant actress in that film :biggrin:
Reply 8
If everyone would go to the "socs" page and sign up, that'd be great.

I saw Kabhi Khushie Kabhie Gham last night!!
Reply 9
Protruding _ahead
yh sure. Chatting to all bolly friends would be great, simply this indian chick^

I'm not indian! Check my profile. :biggrin:
Reply 10
K3G is too old now :wink:

Anyone seen "Phir Hera Pheri" yet? Any good?
I've not seen it yet.
Reply 12
Let's see where we go from here.

I'm in.
Cataclysm
K3G is too old now :wink:

Anyone seen "Phir Hera Pheri" yet? Any good?

Yea, i have it on DVD. Too many funny actors kind of makes it really funny, but sometimes they dont gell well together.

Rosalily
I'm not indian! Check my profile. :biggrin:

Oh, right. How do you understand Hindi then, or do you just read the subtitiles or something?
Protruding _ahead
Oh, right. How do you understand Hindi then, or do you just read the subtitiles or something?

I read the subtitles! Although I've been learning Urdu for a while now and its so similar that I do recognise odd bits, and I'm picking up more by watching so many movies! :smile:
Reply 15
Wow! I never knew people on TSR watch Bollywood films. I've watched quite a number of them already with subtitles of course. :redface: Sorry if the spellings are incorrect, but Kuchi Kuchi Hota Hai, Mohobbatein and Khabi Khushi Khabi Gham were the best so far.
Reply 16
My sister should NEVER EVER see this thread...

She'd either faint at seeing me being a member of this soc, or go crazy and start spamming you with Bollywood-related gibberish. :eek3:

We can do without that! :s:
Its extremely odd how non-hindi speaking people actually like watching bollywood, where you wouldn't get any movie of the same caliber as those in the mainstream of Hollywood. Why, there was a thread recently about Bollywood plagiarising everything off Hollywood, and still you guys like watching these movies.

I mean i can understand why Desi people would watch them, but i never knew non-desi's were into it as well!

Rosalily
I read the subtitles! Although I've been learning Urdu for a while now and its so similar that I do recognise odd bits, and I'm picking up more by watching so many movies! :smile:

Oh, yea, Urdu is very similar to Hindi, with only a few variations between the two in terms of the vocab used. So what makes you like Bollywood movies?
layla*
Wow! I never knew people on TSR watch Bollywood films. I've watched quite a number of them already with subtitles of course. :redface: Sorry if the spellings are incorrect, but Kuchi Kuchi Hota Hai, Mohobbatein and Khabi Khushi Khabi Gham were the best so far.

tsk tsk layla! is this all i have taught you so far!! :p: and what abour kal ho na ho... you watched that one too didn't you?
ps: dont worry abt the spellings... and you can get as many bollywood movies as you want from me =)
Protruding _ahead
Its extremely odd how non-hindi speaking people actually like watching bollywood, where you wouldn't get any movie of the same caliber as those in the mainstream of Hollywood. Why, there was a thread recently about Bollywood plagiarising everything off Hollywood, and still you guys like watching these movies.

I don't think you should stereotype ALL bollywood movies as plagiarising off Hollywood and being without calibre. Truth is, there are many non-box office hits that are super duper good. Choker bali for example, was a very good movie but i doubt as many people have seen it as they have , say, Pyaar toh hona hi that which was a complete copy of 'French kiss'.

I mean i can understand why Desi people would watch them, but i never knew non-desi's were into it as well!

Well "non-desis" would watch them for exactly the same reason as desis wouldn't - too much melodrama, too much tradition which makes desis cringe with shame but is a wonder world for others.

Quick Reply

Latest