The Student Room Group

AS German Edexcel June 2014

Was just wondering If anyone else is doing AS german this year?

How's revision going?

My main aim so far is to learn my vocab inside out and prepare for my speaking exam well in advance :smile:

also I was wondering, how likely do you think it will be that we will get the 'who you are and why you're writing' question??

I noticed that june 2013 didn't have it??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Was just wondering If anyone else is doing AS german this year?

How's revision going?

My main aim so far is to learn my vocab inside out and prepare for my speaking exam well in advance :smile:

also I was wondering, how likely do you think it will be that we will get the 'who you are and why you're writing' question??

I noticed that june 2013 didn't have it??

I did this exam in june 2013. I worked really hard and was getting A's in mocks but then ended up with a B :frown: So i'm resitting. I really did bad on the writing task :frown: got like 20/30 I think I only needed 2 UMS for an A
Original post by lala121
I did this exam in june 2013. I worked really hard and was getting A's in mocks but then ended up with a B :frown: So i'm resitting. I really did bad on the writing task :frown: got like 20/30 I think I only needed 2 UMS for an A

aw I'm really sorry to hear that

Good luck for the exam this time round!

Do you feel prepared??

I just got my mock back and was 4 marks off an A!

Really want to boost my grade up but I'm not sure what else I can do :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
aw I'm really sorry to hear that

Good luck for the exam this time round!

Do you feel prepared??

I just got my mock back and was 4 marks off an A!

Really want to boost my grade up but I'm not sure what else I can do :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uhh lol Not sure if I'm prepared but the a2 work does help quiet alot. My only main problem is grammar and using a variation of vocabs. I tend to use the same Ausdruck for an whole essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
Uhh lol Not sure if I'm prepared but the a2 work does help quiet alot. My only main problem is grammar and using a variation of vocabs. I tend to use the same Ausdruck for an whole essay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's good

Yeah same my vocab is always really basic as well :/

I'm aiming for 25 in my essay in the exam even though I usually end up with 22s

Hopefully that doesn't change my grade too much :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Well that's good

Yeah same my vocab is always really basic as well :/

I'm aiming for 25 in my essay in the exam even though I usually end up with 22s

Hopefully that doesn't change my grade too much :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last years essay I dont why just didnt work for me. I didn't expect a question on Alkoholkonsum... Ohwell... Am not really worried for the reading or listening although I have not practiced those, as we don't do them in A2
Original post by lala121

I'm the same but I chose not to resit, I was 1 UMS off an A! :frown:

I completely messed the exam up... I only answered about 6 questions out of 20 on the listening section and about 15 on the reading, so to get 50/70 overall must have meant my writing was pretty close to full marks, which is why I'm not retaking AS.

What topic have you chosen for your speaking exam?
Reply 7
Original post by chloevictoria
I'm the same but I chose not to resit, I was 1 UMS off an A! :frown:

I completely messed the exam up... I only answered about 6 questions out of 20 on the listening section and about 15 on the reading, so to get 50/70 overall must have meant my writing was pretty close to full marks, which is why I'm not retaking AS.

What topic have you chosen for your speaking exam?

Heya I'm doing nuclear energy and renewables. Kind of saying how nuclear and non renewables are bad and how we should implement renewables. How are u revising for the speaking? I got a month left and just started on like arguments and notes.. Our teacher focused too much on the research although we are still bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
Last years essay I dont why just didnt work for me. I didn't expect a question on Alkoholkonsum... Ohwell... Am not really worried for the reading or listening although I have not practiced those, as we don't do them in A2

As in June 2013??

I thought June 2013 was about smoking aha we just did that for our mock and I needed up with 23 I really don't know what else I can do to improve my writing I feel like I'm using all the top end constructions and everything :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
As in June 2013??

I thought June 2013 was about smoking aha we just did that for our mock and I needed up with 23 I really don't know what else I can do to improve my writing I feel like I'm using all the top end constructions and everything :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh whoops yes sorry lol Rauchenverbot in schulen it was hehehehe
Original post by lala121
Heya I'm doing nuclear energy and renewables. Kind of saying how nuclear and non renewables are bad and how we should implement renewables. How are u revising for the speaking? I got a month left and just started on like arguments and notes.. Our teacher focused too much on the research although we are still bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going over my arguments and rehearsing my introduction every day. Hopefully it will be enough!! That topic sounds really difficult! :redface:
I'm going over my arguments and rehearsing my introduction every day. Hopefully it will be enough!! That topic sounds really difficult! :redface:

What do you do for the intro? Because our teacher has not told us..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
What do you do for the intro? Because our teacher has not told us..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my goodness, really? :redface: I guess it's not that important as you're only speaking for about a minute. But basically you've just got to state whether you're for or against your chosen topic and say why. Give some statistics as well as it shows you know your stuff.

For example, mine goes something along the lines of this:

Thema meiner Prüfung ist die Todesstrafe, besonders in Amerika. Ich bin überzeugt, dass dieses Thema auch allgemein von grossem Interesse ist, weil sie noch in vielen Ländern existiert. (Blah blah blah) Dort unterstützen 65% der amerikanischen Öffentlichkeit die Todesstrafe unabhängig von ihrer Kosten von 2 Millionen US Dollar. Im Jahre 2012 wurden 43 Angeklagte hingerichtet.... (blah blah blah) Aus diesen Gründen bin ich gegen die Todesstrafe....

Hope this helps a little bit!
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh my goodness, really? :redface: I guess it's not that important as you're only speaking for about a minute. But basically you've just got to state whether you're for or against your chosen topic and say why. Give some statistics as well as it shows you know your stuff.

Thema meiner Prüfung ist die Todesstrafe, besonders in Amerika. Ich bin überzeugt, dass dieses Thema auch allgemein von grossem Interesse ist, weil sie noch in vielen Ländern existiert. (Blah blah blah) Dort unterstützen 65% der amerikanischen Öffentlichkeit die Todesstrafe unabhängig von ihrer Kosten von 2 Millionen US Dollar. Im Jahre 2012 wurden 43 Angeklagte hingerichtet.... (blah blah blah) Aus diesen Gründen bin ich gegen die Todesstrafe....

Thanks you're soo fab :biggrin:
Original post by lala121
Thanks you're soo fab :biggrin:

Awh hehe you're welcome! I'm glad it helped! :ahee:

Wait are you sure this for an as oral? It sounds awfully in depth? And we've chosen a general topic? We haven't prepared anything for ours except rough notes and bullet points with some statistics ?

Or maybe it's a different exam board or something :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait are you sure this for an as oral? It sounds awfully in depth? And we've chosen a general topic? We haven't prepared anything for ours except rough notes and bullet points with some statistics ?

Or maybe it's a different exam board or something :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are talking about the A2 German unit 3 exam. It seems your AS?
Original post by lala121
We are talking about the A2 German unit 3 exam. It seems your AS?

Ah I thought so, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have access to the exemplar speaking materials on the Edexcel website for the AS German Speaking exam
They are under "exemplar materials", but locked! :frown:
http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/lang/german/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks in advance!
Original post by lionelmessi19
Does anyone have access to the exemplar speaking materials on the Edexcel website for the AS German Speaking exam
They are under "exemplar materials", but locked! :frown:
http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/lang/german/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks in advance!

Well your not really suppose to have it. Unless you teacher downloads it (as they have the password) and give it to you before the actual exam :wink: :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest