The Student Room Group

OCR AS English Literature 2014

Any ideas what the poem might be this year for W.B.Yeats?

I hope it's Easter 1916!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hoping it's that too! Unless they really drop a bombshell with The Cat and The Moon...:rofl: (I shouldn't joke...) Anyone else?
Doing it too.. got a special feeling for Easter 1916, or S2B..!
Anyone have any ideas for Robert Browning??
Reply 4
Original post by memoona123456
Anyone have any ideas for Robert Browning??

I think 'Prospice' could come up for Browning; they haven't rolled out a poem yet which deals with the theme of death so explicitly.
Reply 5
I have a feeling it will be Easter 1916 too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlloSlayer
I think 'Prospice' could come up for Browning; they haven't rolled out a poem yet which deals with the theme of death so explicitly.

That's true we have had one religious one (soliloquy) and a love one (love in a life live in a live) and toccata of galuppis too.

Prospice is a likey one. A woman's last words could come up asking about attitudes to women or something.

Are you also studying turn of the screw?
I have a STRONG feeling Easter 1916 will appear in the exam!
Original post by KatnipEverdeen
I have a STRONG feeling Easter 1916 will appear in the exam!

Haha :tongue: what makes you think so??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone studying turn of the screw for the book part of the exam?
Reply 10
Original post by memoona123456
Is anyone studying turn of the screw for the book part of the exam?

Yes, I am! Bit worried that my teacher isn't very good cause we've only done two essays on it over the whole year :frown: do you have any revision resources you use for it?

I'm also doing Yeats, how come everyone thinks it'll be Easter 1916?
Original post by anxiouslife
Haha :tongue: what makes you think so??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just have a 'feeling'...you see? This supports my 'feeling' http://aterriblebeautyisborn.com/ :smile:)
Anyone have ideas for Emily Dickinson? :smile:
Original post by sophie238
Yes, I am! Bit worried that my teacher isn't very good cause we've only done two essays on it over the whole year :frown: do you have any revision resources you use for it?

Hi Sophie, there are almost no resources of any use for our syllabus on the internet. I would suggest doing past paper questions, so you get a good feel for the style of questions. I also think having a few key quotations for key themes is a good idea considering that it is a closed book exam. Do you have any predictions as to what may come up?
Original post by sophie238

I think they do the long chunky poems first idk :smile:
Has anyone got any notes for Broken Dreams because I'm struggling to think of much to write?
The question is likely to surround politics (obviously) perhaps...how does Yeats present politics? Which I'm not too keen on!
Reply 17
Anyone doing Frankenstein?

Exam in under a month, I feel so unprepared :/
Easter 1916 then- hopefully. Anyone else got any suggestions for le poems...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Am i right in saying Soliloquy, Love in a life/life in a love an Toccata have come up for browning?

I heard a rumour that theyre choosing the shorter browning poems to make all poets the same difficulty? Shed any light

Quick Reply

Latest