The Student Room Group

Women threw lit cigarette onto road!!

So basically was coming home and the road I live on has terraced houses on the opposite side. So I see this women smoking and as I got closer she threw her half finish lot cigarette onto the road, where cars where parked and went back inside her home.

I got so mad because first of all I hate smokers because they ruin others peoples air, especially in London and because cars park there and there was buildings works going on. I immediately stepped on the cigarette and knocked on the women's door to tell her what she just did. She opened the door and explained to her that its a fire hazard and children are playing on the street, what if they pick it up? First she was oh so? And then she was like oh am sorry I didn't know?? Hello you stupit butch didn't you see what you were doing?

People always do that are bus stops as well, as soon as the bus comes they throw their lit cigarette onto the pavement .why are some smokers inconsiderate?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lala121

I got so mad because first of all I hate smokers because they ruin others peoples air,

How.
I think that's something you need to chill out about.
Reply 3
A lit cigarette!? On a street!?

I think you may have prevented the Great Fire of London Mk II.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Lool I know I know am over exaggerating but its so annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a well structured argument against smokers
Reply 6
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
How.

Because it ain't cute. I don't mind people smoking! But don't do it near other people or right in there face. Some people prefer clean air.

Posted from TSR Mobile
it is not a fire hazard... what it gonna do , get up to the sufficient temperature to burn through tarmac or the metal on a car? also , kids are surrounded by hazards , one cigarette which will burn itself out shortly is not going to do anything more than lightly burn a kid if they're dumb enough to pick it up and curious enough to find it

i also hate smokers , but your argument and plain arrogance is kind of just... it makes you look like a bigot. who marches up to a stranger's door to tell them what they can and can't do outside their home? it's just invasive and just ugh so weird

i'm sure you're a nice person but just chill :u::bath:
Everyone is so worked up on here today.
Reply 9
I would've bashed you over the head with a 4X4 if you did that to me tbh
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by hotliketea
it is not a fire hazard... what it gonna do , get up to the sufficient temperature to burn through tarmac or the metal on a car? also , kids are surrounded by hazards , one cigarette which will burn itself out shortly is not going to do anything more than lightly burn a kid if they're dumb enough to pick it up and curious enough to find it

i also hate smokers , but your argument and plain arrogance is kind of just... it makes you look like a bigot. who marches up to a stranger's door to tell them what they can and can't do outside their home? it's just invasive and just ugh so weird

i'm sure you're a nice person but just chill :u::bath:

Yes Lool I guess I just got mad, it was long day.... Lool :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Chill out.
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
How.

The smoke goes into the air causing air pollution (though very minimal). Or at least that is what I think OP is saying.
Reply 13
Original post by 2ndClass
I would've bashed you over the head with 4X4 if you did that to me tbh

What even for littering? That ain't cute as well, I mean everyday at 6am I see this old man cleaning the road

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate it when people throw lit cigarettes on the ground too. I always try to step on them if i see it happen.
Is just dangerous really, especially in car parks. If you're old enough to be buying cigarettes then you should be old enough to have some common sense and know it is dangerous to do that :unimpressed:
Original post by 2ndClass
I would've bashed you over the head with 4X4 if you did that to me tbh

HULK SMASH
Reply 16
Original post by Cryptographic
The smoke goes into the air causing air pollution (though very minimal). Or at least that is what I think OP is saying.

No, smoking doesn't contribute a lot to air pollution

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by hotliketea
HULK SMASH

lol this
Reply 18
lol shut up plz.
I almost agree with op on this one. My old motorcycle jacket was covered in burns from inconsiderate drivers throwing lit cigarettes out the window into my path. I may have "accidentally" taken someone's mirror off when they did this.

Spoiler

Latest