The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lala121
No, smoking doesn't contribute a lot to air pollution

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hence why I said, (though very minimal) I was just clarifying what OP said.
OP ur ruinin' my air
Reply 22
The thread title: I just imagined a group of women throwing a giant cigarette onto a road...
Reply 23
Original post by lala121
So basically was coming home and the road I live on has terraced houses on the opposite side. So I see this women smoking and as I got closer she threw her half finish lot cigarette onto the road, where cars where parked and went back inside her home.

I got so mad because first of all I hate smokers because they ruin others peoples air, especially in London and because cars park there and there was buildings works going on. I immediately stepped on the cigarette and knocked on the women's door to tell her what she just did. She opened the door and explained to her that its a fire hazard and children are playing on the street, what if they pick it up? First she was oh so? And then she was like oh am sorry I didn't know?? Hello you stupit butch didn't you see what you were doing?

People always do that are bus stops as well, as soon as the bus comes they throw their lit cigarette onto the pavement .why are some smokers inconsiderate?

Someone needs a good bop on the head with a Clue-By-Four or a Clue Bat. And what is a "stupit butch" [sic]? Furthermore, did you see one womAn or two womEn, and what the hell is a "lot cigarette"? Did you perhaps mean a "lit" cigarette?

It would be a fire hazard if it was a hiker throwing a cigarette stub on the ground in Birnam Wood or something. It's not going to burn through the tarmac or some vehicle's tyre, and if a child should pick it up, he'll learn from his childlike mistake.

The air in London is already dirty. Smokers won't make it appreciably dirtier; the factory funnels will though.
Reply 24
Original post by lala121
Lool I know I know am over exaggerating but its so annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop. You are annoying. Please stop.

See what I did there?
Reply 25
Original post by curtis871
I almost agree with op on this one. My old motorcycle jacket was covered in burns from inconsiderate drivers throwing lit cigarettes out the window into my path. I may have "accidentally" taken someone's mirror off when they did this.

Spoiler

That's different. If a driver does that it's an accident risk. I've met with similarly inconsiderate drivers---one drove too close to the dividing line on the way to London from Bath and subsequently broke my wing mirror. Then he had the gall to laugh at me and asked me if I had a dash cam so I could prove it. I'd noticed he was a regular at the Thermae, so the next time we were both there, I *may* have accidentally keyed the word "Cvnt" into his car.
Reply 26
Haha...this is funny, I absolutely can't believe this coincidence. Just 2 or so hours ago, I had the same thing happen to me, I was cycling down the pavement and a chav flicks a lit cigarette at me, narrowly missing me, though it might have caught my back tyre. Disgusting behaviour.

I've always hated smoking, it's such a vile and shameful behaviour. I have absolutely zero respect for smokers. I completely get where you are coming from, thread starter. It's a really filthy and disgusting habit which affects others around you. I hate having to inhale their filthy smoke. It's so rude, inconsiderate and antisocial to litter the streets with the remains of cigarettes. If people want to smoke, at least they can dispose of their cigarettes properly and safely, but instead all I see is people tossing them onto roads and pavements, on bus stops I see this behaviour repeatedly. Absolutely disgusting and antisocial. I really hate smokers.
I can't decide whether you're a Poe or not...
Reply 28
Original post by Stinkum
I've always hated smoking, it's such a vile and shameful behaviour. I have absolutely zero respect for smokers. I completely get where you are coming from, thread starter. It's a really filthy and disgusting habit which affects others around you. I hate having to inhale their filthy smoke. It's so rude, inconsiderate and antisocial to litter the streets with the remains of cigarettes. If people want to smoke, at least they can dispose of their cigarettes properly and safely, but instead all I see is people tossing them onto roads and pavements, on bus stops I see this behaviour repeatedly. Absolutely disgusting and antisocial. I really hate smokers.

You sound nice.
Reply 29
Original post by pane123
You sound nice.

Sorry if you were offended.
Reply 30
Original post by Stinkum
Sorry if you were offended.

What you wrote is hardly offensive, it's just stupid.
Reply 31
Original post by pane123
What you wrote is hardly offensive, it's just stupid.

Ahh...I take it you're a smoker who likes to suffocate others with his smoke and who likes to toss half finished cigarettes on pavements. Please consider switching to electronic cigarettes, I heard they're the sh**.
Really? OP, Get a grip.
Reply 33
Original post by lala121
So basically was coming home and the road I live on has terraced houses on the opposite side. So I see this women smoking and as I got closer she threw her half finish lot cigarette onto the road, where cars where parked and went back inside her home.

I got so mad because first of all I hate smokers because they ruin others peoples air, especially in London and because cars park there and there was buildings works going on. I immediately stepped on the cigarette and knocked on the women's door to tell her what she just did. She opened the door and explained to her that its a fire hazard and children are playing on the street, what if they pick it up? First she was oh so? And then she was like oh am sorry I didn't know?? Hello you stupit butch didn't you see what you were doing?

People always do that are bus stops as well, as soon as the bus comes they throw their lit cigarette onto the pavement .why are some smokers inconsiderate?

I like you. I like you a lot.
Reply 34
Original post by Stinkum
Ahh...I take it you're a smoker who likes to suffocate others with his smoke and who likes to toss half finished cigarettes on pavements. Please consider switching to electronic cigarettes, I heard they're the sh**.

Nope, just a smoker and very considerate one at that. I would never throw half a cigarette away, either.
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
I hate it when people throw lit cigarettes on the ground too. I always try to step on them if i see it happen.
Is just dangerous really, especially in car parks. If you're old enough to be buying cigarettes then you should be old enough to have some common sense and know it is dangerous to do that :unimpressed:

How is it dangerous?
Original post by Stinkum
Haha...this is funny, I absolutely can't believe this coincidence. Just 2 or so hours ago, I had the same thing happen to me, I was cycling down the pavement and a chav flicks a lit cigarette at me, narrowly missing me, though it might have caught my back tyre. Disgusting behaviour.

Were you beaten as a child?
Reply 37
Original post by pane123
Nope, just a smoker and very considerate one at that. I would never throw half a cigarette away, either.

Then I'm sure you can appreciate my frustration. I'm against littering and antisocial behaviour of any kind. What I described in my previous comment is an all too common scenario. If you're going to light a cigarette and can't see any bins around, either smoke it all the way till the ashes burn your lips, or else swallow the butt!! You should also know that you're polluting our air. As a non-smoker, I can tell you for a fact that cigarette smoke is absolutely vile and disgusting, please don't expose me to it, thank you.
Reply 38
Original post by Birkenhead
Were you beaten as a child?

How is that relevant to the discussion?
Kill her

Latest