The Student Room Group

BBC Three - Invasion of the Job Snatchers. Anyone watching it?

That fat, gay kid was probably the most unlikeable person I've ever seen. He was so annoying.

Didn't like the chavvy boat guy. He genuinely was hard to understand and was easily offended, even if his boss did seem a bit of a drip.

And felt sorry for what that woman did to that poor girls hair, it was such an old ladies haircut.

Scroll to see replies

Watching it now. I agree with you about the party guy, The butcher guy seems nice.
Reply 2
Original post by Cryptographic
Watching it now. I agree with you about the party guy, The butcher guy seems nice.

The party guy got to work with a lot of attractive women as well, felt like such a waste...

His comment at the start "I hope there's some nice black cock." WTF!
Even Jay on the inbetweeners saying "I hope there's some nice black snatch." would have been too crude.
Original post by MJ1012
The party guy got to work with a lot of attractive women as well, felt like such a waste...

His comment at the start "I hope there's some nice black cock." WTF!
Even Jay on the inbetweeners saying "I hope there's some nice black snatch." would have been too crude.

Yeah that party guy seemed like an idiot. What a **** to act like that on your first day. He seems like the sort of guy who will always end up on JSA. I want a few of them to succeed, like the butcher and some will find a way to fail, (party and boat). I reckon party guy will get sacked 3 days in.
Reply 4
Original post by Cryptographic
Yeah that party guy seemed like an idiot. What a **** to act like that on your first day. He seems like the sort of guy who will always end up on JSA. I want a few of them to succeed, like the butcher and some will find a way to fail, (party and boat). I reckon party guy will get sacked 3 days in.

Well it did say that at least someone leaves. I wouldn't be surprised if the butcher guy loses interest after a few weeks though.
Reply 5
Why were there 4 guys and 1 girl in the program. Is it because there are only limited opportunities for girls in apprenticeships. Why is it that girls only go for the easy jobs as haidressers or shop assistants when guys have to work hard as butchers and fishmongers. If we are all meant to be equal how come women dont want to work as builders and mechanics and then complain that there are not enough opportunities for them.....
Reply 6
Christian talking about human rights was laughable. You have a daughter, make sacrifices for her.

That posh guy gets a fine arts degree, can't get a job and then complains about an accountancy position, I highly doubt he's going to love what he does for a living in the near future.
Reply 7
Original post by MJ1012
Christian talking about human rights was laughable. You have a daughter, make sacrifices for her.

That posh guy gets a fine arts degree, can't get a job and then complains about an accountancy position, I highly doubt he's going to love what he does for a living in the near future.

Haha totally agree with all of that! Christian annoyed me so much - hardly anywhere will let you work with facial piercings. And the fine art degree guy was so rude - he didn't apologise for being late, he didn't thank the company for the opportunity they'd given him and he thought he was above the job.

I feel a bit sorry for Adam (the boat guy) - his boss does need to learn a few more people management skills! Adam did at least appreciate that it was really stupid of him to be late, but I don't think he should have carried on arguing.

The butcher boss is a really reasonable guy - I hope Carl sticks at it.

To whoever said there's only one girl on the show - there are quite a few girls but the TV show is just understandably just focussing on the people who are making the best TV.
The BBC did something like this a few years ago, on I think the main channels. They were all useless, slept in, did very little, complained and were either quit or fired. But it's an unfair comparison: these people are the dregs of our society, whereas immigrants from Poland and other places would be at least lower middle class if they had been born here. Their dregs stay at home, rather than learning English and doing difficult and unfamiliar things. The native competitors to whom they are being compared were in reality never good enough to qualify for the the competition.
Original post by MJ1012

As someone with piercings and tattoos people like Christian really, really annoy me. Stomping around like he knows what he is talking about gives us all a bad rep and furthers the myth that its impossible to make coffee with a nose ring, for example.

Didn't that posh git said he had done ancient history at uni?? Anyway, I'm from Surrey where pompous little ***** like that are everywhere...
Reply 10
Original post by mojojojo101
As someone with piercings and tattoos people like Christian really, really annoy me. Stomping around like he knows what he is talking about gives us all a bad rep and furthers the myth that its impossible to make coffee with a nose ring, for example.

Didn't that posh git said he had done ancient history at uni?? Anyway, I'm from Surrey where pompous little ***** like that are everywhere...

I couldn't remember what degree he had done, but I remember being unimpressed with the employability aspect of it, so it may be ancient history. ( no offence anyone.)

Christian :"I've done a bit of law, yeah."

Me:

Original post by :)ella
Haha totally agree with all of that! Christian annoyed me so much - hardly anywhere will let you work with facial piercings. And the fine art degree guy was so rude - he didn't apologise for being late, he didn't thank the company for the opportunity they'd given him and he thought he was above the job.

I feel a bit sorry for Adam (the boat guy) - his boss does need to learn a few more people management skills! Adam did at least appreciate that it was really stupid of him to be late, but I don't think he should have carried on arguing.

The butcher boss is a really reasonable guy - I hope Carl sticks at it.

To whoever said there's only one girl on the show - there are quite a few girls but the TV show is just understandably just focussing on the people who are making the best TV.

Yeah, the butcher boss, is even too nice, would have made me feel really guilty. I'd probably rather him yell at me so I could feel sorry for myself.

"I was worried that something had happened to you."
:cry2: /" I'm Sorry!"

I've got no time for Adam, he's rude, aggressive and generally not very employable. He needs to learn to shut his mouth, especially when he's just shown up late. Although, I must admit, his boss is pretty unlikeable.
Adam's boss was getting redder by the second.

Adam was a turd but his boss was also belittling. Glad they hit it off in the end.
Original post by MJ1012

I think they lied to him as he was mainly doing admin such as putting letters in envelopes, sealing them and filing.

I did an NHS marketing placement. It was a waste of my time as all I did was go round with a clipboard asking a dumb questionnaire I had no part in writing or analysing.

This is one think you have to beware of: work experience opportunity lies.

Trust me, this guy was doing no accounting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Observatory
The BBC did something like this a few years ago, on I think the main channels. They were all useless, slept in, did very little, complained and were either quit or fired. But it's an unfair comparison: these people are the dregs of our society, whereas immigrants from Poland and other places would be at least lower middle class if they had been born here. Their dregs stay at home, rather than learning English and doing difficult and unfamiliar things. The native competitors to whom they are being compared were in reality never good enough to qualify for the the competition.

What was the previous programme called?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
The posh guy is now in politics
Reply 15
Original post by matt1001

How do you know?
Original post by matt1001

That could mean anything. He could be e-leafleting for the Green Party?

Posted from TSR Mobile
would you work for the creep that owns the ferry?i am 6.0 and i would never treat a kid like that he's a pure ****
Original post by shortytally
would you work for the creep that owns the ferry?i am 6.0 and i would never treat a kid like that he's a pure ****

Probably not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Without sounding incredibly un PC, do these people have disabilities? I'm genuinely wondering. The blurb on the iplayer website doesnt mention anything, but a few of them seem to have some kind of autism. Or is this just what unemployed 20 somethings are actually like? They struggle with everyday tasks, have trouble communicating, and dont do normal activities (Other than drinking, which they dont seem to good at/all seem to egg eachother on too far like 16 year olds)

The signs are there.

Quick Reply

Latest