The Student Room Group

Realistically how would someone with no degree get into support?

Realistically how would someone with no degree get into an entry level IT support role? I mean after looking for support jobs on the net it seems they want experience more than anything, but I can only imagine having a degree and no experience would give you the edge of over someone who had no degree and no experience as you would likely double your chances of an employer willing to give you a shot.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
finghell 445 views no reply thats gotta be a record

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Ana81
Realistically how would someone with no degree get into an entry level IT support role? I mean after looking for support jobs on the net it seems they want experience more than anything, but I can only imagine having a degree and no experience would give you the edge of over someone who had no degree and no experience as you would likely double your chances of an employer willing to give you a shot.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Go to Tesco tech support, say you want to work there, when they ask you what are your skills, say that you know how to turn on a computer.

In all seriousness though, maybe a call center? or an apprenticeship?. What A levels did you take? depending on this, you may have to go onto a course to gain the necessary skills, like a BTEC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending