The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Anyone going to Edinburgh or intending on going ? 2014 admissions

Hey guys ,
I just made my firm choice as Edinburgh to do Law and Economics , so I will definitely be going to Edinburgh this September. Naturally I am very excited , but I am just interested in finding other people who are either going, got and offer and thinking of going , or who want to go and if given an offer may go.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yess i applied to edinburgh for maths and got a conditional offer!
i'm from belfast and i applied to queens because i'm unsure if i wanna move away, but now i'm torn! edinburgh looks so good!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Cool! Join us :wink: ! University is about meeting new people and going somewhere different! Edinburgh is a great city and the university is ranked far higher than queens ! :smile: Hope to see you there!
Reply 3
Hey,
I firmed my unconditional yesterday to study Chemistry! Any thoughts on accommodation?
Reply 4
I'm going to see Edinburgh next Monday so hopefully my decision will become easier then! :smile:
I'm not sure about accomodation either... I think Pollock Halls looks the best
Reply 5
I firmed Edinburgh a few days ago for Classics. I have no clue about accommodation or anything eek, I'm thinking self-catered and in the city centre/near my lectures :tongue: did any of you go on the post offer visit day/how was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Glad to find some Edinburgh people! I have no idea about accommodation either , and of course I would prefer to be in res , as you get to meet a lot more people than you would staying in private accommodation! What do you guys think. Also congratulations on all your offers :smile: I know what a great feeling it is :smile:
Reply 7
what do you mean by private accommodation? don't we all sign up to accommodation where you live with loads of people? (sorry i'm actually clueless about this) :biggrin: thanks, you too! I was relieved when I got my edinburgh offer, they got back to me really late :tongue: it was lower than the offer that i was expecting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by debzbapf
I'm going to see Edinburgh next Monday so hopefully my decision will become easier then! :smile:
I'm not sure about accomodation either... I think Pollock Halls looks the best

I didn't even consider catered because I'm so fussy about what I eat :/ I've applied for self catered accommodation instead
Reply 9
I firmed yesterday for straight law :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by Ambry
I firmed yesterday for straight law :biggrin:

Cool , someone else doing law :smile: Congrats
Reply 11
anyone else doing maths? :-)
Applied for medicine and had Edinburgh Bio as a back up, got no medical offers but changed my mind anyway before i got the last few rejections so now Edinburgh is my only remaining option or a gap year. Hard choice really but went on the post ucas visit day and i loved it. Think i'll probably firm it and maybe se you guys next year :smile: Probably going into Pollock. Any other biological sciences students out there?
Reply 13
i'm going for pollocks halls because while i'm excited to meet new people i don't think i could share a room with someone haha. i still haven't firmed though, too scared to actually make it official! my heart's torn between edinburgh and belfast!
Reply 14
Original post by debzbapf
i'm going for pollocks halls because while i'm excited to meet new people i don't think i could share a room with someone haha. i still haven't firmed though, too scared to actually make it official! my heart's torn between edinburgh and belfast!

Not sure why you would even consider Belfast when you could go to Edinburgh. ...
firmed Edinburgh today for Philosophy/English lit :smile: moving from America to get to Edinburgh, beyond excited ! anyone else doing the same course ?
Reply 16
Original post by candicewkr
firmed Edinburgh today for Philosophy/English lit :smile: moving from America to get to Edinburgh, beyond excited ! anyone else doing the same course ?

I'm doing the same course as you! So excited :smile: whereabouts in America do you live?
Reply 17
Original post by candicewkr

Congrats! :smile: See you in September :smile:
hey,

does anybody know what are the odds of getting into edinburgh if the conditional offer is not met?
Original post by unipls
I'm doing the same course as you! So excited :smile: whereabouts in America do you live?

aw yay, so exciting ! :biggrin: I live about 40 min away from New York ! Where are you from ?

Quick Reply

Latest