The Student Room Group

~95.6% of prisoners in the UK are male.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ChickenMadness
So you agree with women getting shorter sentences for raping kids?

Both of them are going to be traumatized. Both of them will risk contracting diseases.

In a set of identical circumstances, same level of violence, same ages etc., yes. A woman 'raping' a child does so without penetrating the child, a man raping a child does so by penetrating the child; the penetration is where they differ. A young girl would, due to the penetration, probably experience a far greater degree of physical and psychological damage than a young boy, or so I would imagine.
Reply 21
The legal system favours women heavily and is very biased towards men. Going as far as having different laws where women can't be convicted. e.g.
Men can be convicted of rape, but women can't.
Women can kill a father's child through abortion laws
Women can have the child and not let the father see it
Basically anything to do with their children men have no rights
etc.

It will only get worse with the feminazi movement. The women in that movement just want more and more privileges for women in western countries. They don't even care about actual oppressed women in 3rd world countries.

1. I agree, the law surrounding rape and sexual assault should be changed so it's the same regardless of gender.

2. It's not legally murder so that point is out. Also, I'd like to add that women don't wake up in the morning and generally think "Wow, I think I might get an abortion today, because my boyfriend is really annoying me by talking about how much he wants to be a dad." It isn't an easy process, and it is a last resort that leaves many women needing psychological help afterwards. There's enough guilt associated with it without your overly simplistic reduction of any women who have to go through it to nothing more than selfish criminals.

3. They really can't. Obviously which ever parent has custody has more rights but that isn't always the mother, and before you get into the unfairness in custody battles - more women get custody of their children because more women ask for it, and "the vast majority of fathers choose to give the mother custody." [source]

4. That's funny, because in point (2) you want the rights of a lump of cells to come above the rights of a living, breathing person... Hypocrisy much. :rolleyes:
* Welfare state takes care of all women's issues, men are left to deal with them themselves - therefore more likely to turn to crime
* Courts are more likely to convict a man than a women given the exact same evidence
* Men are given and serve longer sentences than women when found guilty for the exact same crimes
* Rehabilitation via parole boards favour women
* The imprisoning of women and building of women's prisons are politically discouraged

I'm sure there are more.
Bateman's principle.

Men have much to gain in terms of reproductive success by risky behaviour than has high potential rewards but high potential costs. Women do not, and indeed have much to lose.

Homicide by Daly and Wilson is a good place to start learning the evolutionary reasons behind crime. I've also heard good things about Raine's Anatomy of Violence.
ladies are too scared to commit crimes, they get their man to do it for them
if they do happen to do it and get caught, the odds of a conviction are extremely small
I should email you my dissertation as the title of it is: Masculinity and Crime. What effect does gender play of men committing and desisting from crime.

The main area topics I looked at were: Mental health, 95% of young offenders have a mental health condition.
Education, employment, sentencing, programmes that help with re-offending and a few other things, but I'm too sleepy to think of them.
The legal system favours women heavily and is very biased towards men. Going as far as having different laws where women can't be convicted. e.g.
Men can be convicted of rape, but women can't.

Women can kill a father's child through abortion laws
Women can have the child and not let the father see it
Basically anything to do with their children men have no rights
etc.

It will only get worse with the feminazi movement. The women in that movement just want more and more privileges for women in western countries. They don't even care about actual oppressed women in 3rd world countries.

If you're going to keep posting this, you could at least google it first to find out if it's true (it isn't) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-31150/18-year-old-woman-convicted-rape.html

Though I really shouldn't engage with anyone who uses the term "feminazi".
Reply 27
Original post by redferry
I think it is for similar reason as more men commit suicide

You mean women are more likely to attempt to commit crime but are less successful?
Reply 28
Original post by n00
You mean women are more likely to attempt to commit crime but are less successful?

:laugh:
Reply 29
Not wanting to derail the thread, but a man having sex with a 8 y/o girl is very different to a woman having sex with an 8y/o girl; the crimes are not the same.

I think that kind of attitude belongs in the past, along with the idea that Tory MPs in the 80s used to like spouting that raping your spouse shouldn't be a criminal offence.
Reply 30
Original post by chazwomaq
Bateman's principle.

Men have much to gain in terms of reproductive success by risky behaviour than has high potential rewards but high potential costs. Women do not, and indeed have much to lose.

Homicide by Daly and Wilson is a good place to start learning the evolutionary reasons behind crime. I've also heard good things about Raine's Anatomy of Violence.

Yes, this is a huge part of it. Women don't have to risk anything, it's the men who are in the spotlight in just about every species. Reproduction is a market. Much like choosing the best offer for a product : women have the kids (they are the buyers) and men are the sellers (infinite sperm). Women get to choose who is worthy to ''make a deposit'' inside them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending