The Student Room Group

GIRLS - Would you "wear the pants" in a relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Why did you decide though? Why not both decide?

Because in some relationships like my last one i was simply the more decisive, get up and go person.
Reply 21
Original post by ILovePancakes
1. Flying horses are not exclusively feminine - Pegasus belonged to Hercules: who's a pretty "alpha" guy

2. I would suggest a smaller helicopter. I think that one's too large for our everyday needs. I'd be up for sharing the maintenance and payment of it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case the horse would have to be named Pegasus and we'll get a SA 330 Puma.

I'm still taking the riding crop into the bedroom, however :wink:
Original post by tibbles209
I do, that's just the dynamic of me and my boyfriend's relationship and its working well for us :smile: He is very laid back and isn't interested in being in charge, and I like having control over my life so it just worked out that way.

What do you mean by "in charge"? Do you control his life (even if a little bit)?
Original post by Mockery
In that case the horse would have to be named Pegasus and we'll get a SA 330 Puma.

I'm still taking the riding crop into the bedroom, however :wink:

What else would you name a flying horse :rolleyes: ? I like that helicopter :biggrin:

Well.. We wouldn't have a riding horse to use on the horse, would we?
Reply 24
What else would you name a flying horse :rolleyes: ? I like that helicopter :biggrin:

Well.. We wouldn't have a riding horse to use on the horse, would we?

No, but that is what we'd tell anyone who asks what it's for.
Reply 25
If anything my girlfriend does wear the pants, metaphorically. That's not to say she controls me and tells me what to do, but she usually has the better ideas and more of a 'get up and go' attitude about work. She's also the more organised one, she's frontline, I'm emotional support and cuddles. And I'm 100% ok with that!

But that also doesn't mean that I don't get to make decisions, although when I think about it she does say it's my turn to come up with ideas sometimes.. so it's her decision for my decision?? It's my first serious relationship so I suppose the one with the pants is the one who's got more experience with how it all goes :')
Generally I'm pretty relaxed about stuff so if she likes things just so then I'll go with it.

Obviously that's for day to day stuff, I certainly wouldn't expect anything less than equal input on things like house buying or relocation.
Reply 27
Original post by Mankytoes
Who doesn't? But that doesn't mean you can decide where you'll go out, pay the bills, even choose the strap on.

Superb irony.

You're not nice
No, I wouldn't. That doesn't mean I'd be a complete push over, though :sly:
I already wear the pants in the relationship but sometimes I take em off. :sexface:

I'm quite dominant compared to my OH so I guess it just works out that way, nothing intentional.
Original post by Mockery
No, but that is what we'd tell anyone who asks what it's for.

Why'd we need to tell anyone :eyebrow: ?
Original post by Lamptastic
I already wear the pants in the relationship but sometimes I take em off. :sexface:

I'm quite dominant compared to my OH so I guess it just works out that way, nothing intentional.

What do you mean by "dominant"? I'm not talking about the bedroom here
Reply 32
In public and where it is convenient to do so I don't really mind it if she is perceived to be the one that wears the pants. In reality she generally does as it is how I choose to keep her happy and generally support what she likes to do, as she does like it that it appears she is in control in public thus if it means she wears the pants then so be it, I suppose you could say I'm secure enough with my own self that it isn't a big deal or bruising to the ego to let others perceive that.

End of the day, the reality of it is in my mind he or she who holds the most money is the one with real power and since I make 12x more than her there really isn't anything to prove.

At home, neither of us wears any pants, we wear onesies :tongue:
Reply 33
Why'd we need to tell anyone :eyebrow: ?

I feel that it may have gone straight over your head? :lol:
It's me :colone: Got 'em whipped.
Original post by Mockery
I feel that it may have gone straight over your head? :lol:

Oh no I understand the innuendo.. I just couldn't think of anything else to say :colondollar:
Reply 36
Oh no I understand the innuendo.. I just couldn't think of anything else to say :colondollar:

Glad you got it, and you're more than welcome to just ignore me :lol:
Reply 37
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Why did you decide though? Why not both decide?

The man has final say, of course the woman has to agree but that's how it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
The man has final say, of course the woman has to agree but that's how it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, that isn't how it is. At least not in mine and most educated adults relationships.
Original post by Aivicore
I'd prefer nobody wearing pants. All the time. :colone:

In seriousness, we're each our own people and have no interest in a power struggle.

Ok this is my favourite response so far. No pants is best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending