This news will change your life

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26868531

memes-one-does-not-simply-usb-213842.jpeg

22Zhs.png

Reversible USB cable design shown off for first time
USB design
The new designs will put an end to inserting a USB cable the wrong way round

_74002015_74000846.jpg

The new connector will be reversible, bringing an end to the everyday irritant of trying to force a USB cable in the wrong way.

The images were first published by technology news site The Verge.

The USB Implementers Forum anticipates the new designs will be finalised in July.

But rollout of new ports will take some time as manufacturers gradually incorporate them into their products.

New USB socket
The smaller port resembles Apple's Lightning port
The new Type-C standard will be similar in size to the current MicroUSB connector, typically used for charging mobile phones and cameras.

The first USB cables were released in the mid-1990s and, until now, could only be plugged into a computer or other device one way round to ensure a data connection.

Other improvements to the new cable include:

Support for scalable power charging, allowing the cable to offer up to 100 watts
Data speed transfers of up to 10 gigabits per second, double what is possible at the moment
A promise that the new design will accommodate further upgrades

How will this revolutionary breakthrough change the world for the better?
(edited 10 years ago)
Wow, so now it'll only take 2 attempts to put it in the right way round.
Who needs a cure for cancer when we have this?
Reply 3
I expected a troll thread, but this news is genuinely life changing.
Reply 4
Holy ****, and those extremists call us dirty kuffar, pigs, dogs etc. Well we have a god damn USB cable with can go in EITHER WAY, so It's fairly clear who are the "chosen people".

Only thing is, one will need to get new USB ports..
Original post by Captain Haddock
Wow, so now it'll only take 2 attempts to put it in the right way round.

My man! Here's an upvote!
Reply 6
So obvious, y u take so long.
Reply 7
Oml this will dramatically change my life, it will never be the same, let me share the good news with all............................................ OH PLEASE.
This is great news. I have a lightning connector with my iPod and it's totally amazing. It's definitely the way micro usb should be going. I would say do it with the larger one but that will screw over too many people.
But how will this help me when I'm trying to ram it into my charging port?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending