The Student Room Group

Sussex or nottingham for development economics ?

Hey,

I need to finalize my university for studying MSc Development economics (2014) and I've short-listed them down to sussex (NOT IDS) and nottingham. I am an international student and hence I get all information regarding the course and university from the internet.

I would be really really grateful if I could have your inputs regarding the above mentioned course and universities. Which one has a stronger economics faculty and better reputation, especially for this course ? Also, placement matters too, but since I'm an international student I don't have particularly high hopes for that.

In case it matters, I don't intend to purse a PhD as of now. Maybe in a couple of years.

Really appreciate any help you can give me.
Thank you !
Reply 1
Comon people, help a girl here ! pleaseee

tell me something..anything !!
For anything related to development studies Sussex is one of the very best in the country. Sussex, then.
Reply 3
Original post by cambio wechsel
For anything related to development studies Sussex is one of the very best in the country. Sussex, then.

Yes, I understand that. But would you say the same if I were to tell you that this course is with the school of business, management and economics and not IDS ?
Reply 4
Original post by khush_g
Hey,

I need to finalize my university for studying MSc Development economics (2014) and I've short-listed them down to sussex (NOT IDS) and nottingham. I am an international student and hence I get all information regarding the course and university from the internet.

I would be really really grateful if I could have your inputs regarding the above mentioned course and universities. Which one has a stronger economics faculty and better reputation, especially for this course ? Also, placement matters too, but since I'm an international student I don't have particularly high hopes for that.

In case it matters, I don't intend to purse a PhD as of now. Maybe in a couple of years.

Really appreciate any help you can give me.
Thank you !

I suppose the question is, what do you actually want to do after your MSc?

I often hear positive things about Sussex and development economics, and I know their academics, even in the School of Economics, are highly regarded within the field of development economics.

Also it's important to note that Nottingham is changing its focus and is moving toward behavioural and experimental economics. Their other fields (econometrics, development, macro, finance, etc.) are now pretty poor.

So, in your situation, I'd choose Sussex hands down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending