The Student Room Group

Uxbridge College

I've applied to go to the college starting in September. I was just wondering if anyone here already goes and what the college on the whole is like.

Also will it be hard for me to make new friends? Im only asking because im enrolling for my last year, so the class I'll be with will have already known each other for a year, and I'll just. ..be ....there...

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Bump
Original post by Just Another Girly
I've applied to go to the college starting in September. I was just wondering if anyone here already goes and what the college on the whole is like.

Also will it be hard for me to make new friends? Im only asking because im enrolling for my last year, so the class I'll be with will have already known each other for a year, and I'll just. ..be ....there...

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Hey! I'm also thinking of applying there for September for A2. What u planning on studying?
I studied there for both AS and A2 back in 2006-08 so cannot really say. It should not be too difficult though hopefully but it all depends on the type of people there right now and yourself.

It most probably has changed from my time, but I quite liked experiencing college life and it was a change from secondary school. Similar to university life with lectures from 9am - 5pm most days, except Wednesdays which are half days.
Original post by lovekitty123
Hey! I'm also thinking of applying there for September for A2. What u planning on studying?

I applied and got in :woo:
I put myself down for
-travel and tourism
-Sociology

What about you?
Original post by Just Another Girly
I applied and got in :woo:
I put myself down for
-travel and tourism
-Sociology

What about you?

I haven't applied yet but if I decide to, I'll be continuing A2 chemistry biology and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lovekitty123
I haven't applied yet but if I decide to, I'll be continuing A2 chemistry biology and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh wicked! My mate does forensic science and maths there,and she goes its really good and she's having a blast :smile:
I have applied to uxbridge college and i got in. i was wondering what is it like at uxbridge college and what do you bring on your first day of college. The reason why i am asking is because i have just finished my GCSES and i am going to Uxbridge College in September but moving from Secondary School to College is a big step and a huge differenece so can u let me know asap Thanx. P:s-smilie:: By the way i am not in A levels i have just finished my GCSE'S but i did not mean to put this conversation under A Levels
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by adriennacoombs16
I have applied to uxbridge college and i got in. i was wondering what is it like at uxbridge college and what do you bring on your first day of college. The reason why i am asking is because i have just finished my GCSES and i am going to Uxbridge College in September but moving from Secondary School to College is a big step and a huge differenece so can u let me know asap Thanx. P:s-smilie:: By the way i am not in A levels i have just finished my GCSE'S but i did not mean to put this conversation under A Levels

Take in the essentials like what you would find in your pencil case along with a notebook to make notes in as paper is not provided. They will advise on any textbooks that you may need to buy but if you go to the library ASAP you'll be able to borrow out one of the copies that are on the shelf.

Bring a smile and ready to meet new people as well! :smile:

Quick Reply