The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

primary education course

Hey I just got into Brookes to do Primary Education...anyone else starting that in Sept?

Scroll to see replies

I got in too. Have you got your email from accommodation to apply for halls yet?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
I got in too. Have you had your email from accommodation to apply get?
Reply 3
Hey, is this the only thread for Sept 2014 pgce people? I've just firmed my place at Oxford Brooks. I've had the accom email yesterday! Just need to pass my skills test! How's everyone else getting on?
Reply 4
I'm doing the Primary Teacher Education course at Oxford Brookes in September too! I have just applied for my accommodation (Westminister Hall)-so excited!
Reply 5
Original post by Luke_BD
Hey, is this the only thread for Sept 2014 pgce people? I've just firmed my place at Oxford Brooks. I've had the accom email yesterday! Just need to pass my skills test! How's everyone else getting on?

I have just passed both my skills tests-good luck with yours! Just keep practising the online tests and you will be fine :smile: Which accommodation are you applying for?
Reply 6
Hey :smile:

I got in too and I'm just applying for accommodation now, but it's asking me to choose 5 choices. Do I just put Westminster Halls as preference 1 and the others 5's? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Maya:)

I got in too and I'm just applying for accommodation now, but it's asking me to choose 5 choices. Do I just put Westminster Halls as preference 1 and the others 5's? :smile:

Yeah I put Westminister as number 1 and then pretty much picked the others at random! Lets hope we do get a place in Westminister!!!:smile:
Reply 8
Ok great :smile: Yeah I hope we do :smile: I'm so excited!!
Reply 9
Original post by Pippa19
I have just passed both my skills tests-good luck with yours! Just keep practising the online tests and you will be fine :smile: Which accommodation are you applying for?

Hey Pippa,

Thanks! I'm doing lots of online tests so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and i'll be joining you there. I'm going with Westminster Halls (it seems the obvious choice right?) and like the person below said i picked the rest at random. SO excited! Only been to Oxford twice but It's a great place, and the course doesn't seem too shabby either :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Luke_BD
Hey Pippa,

Thanks! I'm doing lots of online tests so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and i'll be joining you there. I'm going with Westminster Halls (it seems the obvious choice right?) and like the person below said i picked the rest at random. SO excited! Only been to Oxford twice but It's a great place, and the course doesn't seem too shabby either :smile:

Sounds good :smile: Yeah that is the obvious choice for our course, the accommodation looks really nice! I'm excited too! Fingers crossed I get the grade now! I've only been to Oxford twice too and yeah it seems great :smile:
Reply 11
I've got an offer for PGCE Primary too. Passed my tests, just got DBS check to go. Sent my application to Westminster Hall the other day too. All getting a bit more real now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Has anyone done the health check yet?
Reply 13
I have. But no DBS info though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dixo
I have. But no DBS info though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed them a few weeks ago about the DBS check as I had heard nothing.. This was the response I got...'We are changing to an outsourced DBS system and our new DBS processes are taking longer to roll out that we hoped' .. So I guess it's just a waiting game until they have sorted it ?
Reply 15
Yeah, that's what I got told a few weeks ago too. Oh well, keep waiting I suppose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any idea when we will be getting our term dates/ timetable ? A few friends have said they had theirs by this time last year when they started !
Reply 17
Original post by Sarahh2909
Any idea when we will be getting our term dates/ timetable ? A few friends have said they had theirs by this time last year when they started !

There is a document on their website about our semester dates and stuff but other than that no, I haven't had anything!:confused:
Reply 18
Has anyone done the 10 days experience in a primary school yet and sent off the report we had to go with it??
Reply 19
I got a little pack a couple of weeks ago with reading list, a couple of tasks and term dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending