The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Freshers-2014

Does anyone know of a Facebook group created yet for this? can't seem to find one anywhere.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was wondering this, im sure there will be one, it is quite early on.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Is there even a freshers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I believe so, rather than it being for each individual place though i think its for all UAL students?
Original post by Sophie_25
I believe so, rather than it being for each individual place though i think its for all UAL students?

Fair enough, I just know that there's lot of flat/house parties!!
Reply 5
im like scouring the web for a ual freshers and i found a really old one so thats no use
Which university you going to Beth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm going to csm as soon as I firm it and all that business...
Oh, :/ I'm off to camberwell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by lewismtaylor
Oh, :/ I'm off to camberwell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooh what are you studying?
im just angsting about accommodation, cos thats completely mixed so i want to speak to as many people as i can...although i might not actually be able to afford it
Accommodation is so expensive! 👎 and graphic design I've been transferred from CSM to camberwell I think, wby? && if worst comes to worst the camberwell campus has rooms for £5000 but shared so I might have to do that, but that's last resort haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by lewismtaylor
Accommodation is so expensive! ������ and graphic design I've been transferred from CSM to camberwell I think, wby? && if worst comes to worst the camberwell campus has rooms for £5000 but shared so I might have to do that, but that's last resort haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

fashion journalism at csm... yeah ive found 3 that are non sharing the actual bedroom (but sharing everything else) that are in the £5000 bracket.. still expensive but if i get put in the other two i'll probably have to decline :/
if it's any help:

Furzedown Student Village- £5754
Sir John Cass Hall-£5265
Cordwainer's Court- £5838
Reply 12
You could always start a post under the UAL forum and ask for anyone else who wants to do a flat share and do that? If you can find the right place it works out cheaper than accommodation halls :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I think a facebook groups usually created around the summer time like june/july (at least thats what I remember happened last year)

Original post by sbeth55
fashion journalism at csm... yeah ive found 3 that are non sharing the actual bedroom (but sharing everything else) that are in the £5000 bracket.. still expensive but if i get put in the other two i'll probably have to decline :/
if it's any help:

Furzedown Student Village- £5754
Sir John Cass Hall-£5265
Cordwainer's Court- £5838

I'm in the same situation I'm looking for something in the £5000 bracket, I don't mind if I have to commute a little :/
Reply 14
Original post by rawrhappy
I think a facebook groups usually created around the summer time like june/july (at least thats what I remember happened last year)

I'm in the same situation I'm looking for something in the £5000 bracket, I don't mind if I have to commute a little :/

yeah, that's exactly me. I'm used to the tube and once you know a route, it becomes autopilot anyway.. im just slightly iffy at the john cass hall one because its sharing everything with a lot of people... i dont mind sharing within a flat, but with a whole complex is a bit different :/ however, it's one of the only ones i can afford so i guess i have to see where im placed..if anywhere
Reply 15
Original post by Sophie_25
You could always start a post under the UAL forum and ask for anyone else who wants to do a flat share and do that? If you can find the right place it works out cheaper than accommodation halls :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i was thinking of doing that in second year, hopefully by that time i will have made some friends to share with haha..
Reply 16
Original post by sbeth55
yeah, that's exactly me. I'm used to the tube and once you know a route, it becomes autopilot anyway.. im just slightly iffy at the john cass hall one because its sharing everything with a lot of people... i dont mind sharing within a flat, but with a whole complex is a bit different :/ however, it's one of the only ones i can afford so i guess i have to see where im placed..if anywhere

lol sorry if i sound a bit stupid... We can apply for halls now? like if we're starting in September? :s-smilie: I'm so confused...
Reply 17
I've been looking at Sir John Cass Halls too, I know that the kitchens are shared but are they shared with specific people do you think? I wouldn't like to think that I'd have to place my food and cook in a completely different kitchen each day.. I'd end up losing most of my stuff!
Reply 18
Original post by rawrhappy
lol sorry if i sound a bit stupid... We can apply for halls now? like if we're starting in September? :s-smilie: I'm so confused...

We can apply 8th may :/ it sucks a bit cos i really want to get on with it but it just hasnt opened yet
Sir John Cass Hall is the cheapest, you get your own room but share a bathroom and a kitchen so that doesn't bother me, gonna try and get into there because tbh I cba spending all my loan and grant fee's to cover my accommodation costs!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending