The Student Room Group

Don't know if this is a problem or if I'm being a total idiot

So a guy I kind of like gets my bus after school, and as he knows I also get the bus he often asks me to wait for him. Sometimes its pretty inconvenient for me (e.g. the other day our English lesson was cancelled but he had to copy up some work so I waited for almost an hour :3) but I do it anyway because I like getting the bus with him. However, on some occasions he has made me wait for him and then gone off with some guy (he always seems to prefer talking to guys) or changed his plans so hes not getting the bus after all and then been like 'ahaha who cares' when I point out it wasnt especially nice of him to ask me to wait and then not actually come with me.
Should I be flattered that he wants to get the bus wirh me (although I am about 99% sure he would not consider viewing me as anything other than a friend - I am friendzoned lol) or should I stop waiting for him because of him letting me down several times? Sometimes I do feel vaguely used, but then it occurs to me I hate getting the bus alone so its kind of worth it.
Reply 1
Afraid to tell you he's just using you to satisfy his boredom - if he really liked you he wouldn't do these little annoying things or maybe he is young and dumb not to understand enough.
Original post by Anonymous
So a guy I kind of like gets my bus after school, and as he knows I also get the bus he often asks me to wait for him. Sometimes its pretty inconvenient for me (e.g. the other day our English lesson was cancelled but he had to copy up some work so I waited for almost an hour :3) but I do it anyway because I like getting the bus with him. However, on some occasions he has made me wait for him and then gone off with some guy (he always seems to prefer talking to guys) or changed his plans so hes not getting the bus after all and then been like 'ahaha who cares' when I point out it wasnt especially nice of him to ask me to wait and then not actually come with me.
Should I be flattered that he wants to get the bus wirh me (although I am about 99% sure he would not consider viewing me as anything other than a friend - I am friendzoned lol) or should I stop waiting for him because of him letting me down several times? Sometimes I do feel vaguely used, but then it occurs to me I hate getting the bus alone so its kind of worth it.

if youre making yourself too easily available or eager to please by doing what he asks, then hes not going to chase you or make the effort with you, because youre doing all the work, youre the one waiting around for him. so stop waiting, do what you want to do, if hes standing you up or ditching you and not caring or saying sorry then he isnt acting like he cares about your feelings. stop being so readily available to him. walk away. make him want to come after you (although he sounds like a nob so I wouldnt really bother with him..)
He's not showing you the respect you deserve, therefore he does not deserve your time. Move on, hun, bad choice this time round IMO :tongue:
HE sounds like a douche, you sound like youre totally over thinking getting the bus with this douche.
Reply 5
Ok so I think I'm making him sound worse than he is here. He's a genuinely nice guy - he's always nice to other girls, he just seems to act douchy towards me. I think this is probably because I've known him since start of secondary and back then he WAS nice to me but then being young and immature everyone said we liked each other and he was repulsed by that and started being mean to me and it kinda stuck.
Recently I was upset about something and he was randomly nice when he didnt have to be as it had nothing to do with him.
But yeah, as he is so stuck in his 'hating me and using me' ways I don't realistically think it will ever work out as he can't suddenly change to liking me, even if he does really.
Reply 7
One day when he stays for long and asks you to wait be like 'No i'll pass' and walk off and then see how he reacts and if he says that was mean say haha who cares! He's a total jerk! I personally think you should move on because he's not worth it. =)

Try finding someone else to go on the bus with. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest