The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Private Halls in Leeds for first year student

I'm going to be studying in Leeds next year and I want to live in Private Halls. I was looking at The Plaza (Sky Plaza) Algernon Firth, IQ and Carr Mills.

Does anyone recommend any of these or any others I've not looked at? Pros and Cons welcomed!

(I will be a first year student if that makes any difference)
Reply 1
Original post by FJackson
I'm going to be studying in Leeds next year and I want to live in Private Halls. I was looking at The Plaza (Sky Plaza) Algernon Firth, IQ and Carr Mills.

Does anyone recommend any of these or any others I've not looked at? Pros and Cons welcomed!

(I will be a first year student if that makes any difference)

I'm going to Leeds too and I'll also be a first year! I've looked at IQ on-line and it looks great and its fairly cheap! I'm going to look round it this week sometime so I'll let you know what its like! :smile:
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by bel4848
I'm going to Leeds too and I'll also be a first year! I've looked at IQ on-line and it looks great and its fairly cheap! I'm going to look round it this week sometime so I'll let you know what its like! :smile:

That would be brilliant! thank you, are you looking at any others whilst you're there?
Reply 3
That would be brilliant! thank you, are you looking at any others whilst you're there?

Unfortunately not, I miss the Leeds uni accommodation open day :frown: and that's the only one they have which is a shame! What are you going to study? And what makes you want to stay in private accommodation and not uni halls?
Reply 4
Original post by bel4848
Unfortunately not, I miss the Leeds uni accommodation open day :frown: and that's the only one they have which is a shame! What are you going to study? And what makes you want to stay in private accommodation and not uni halls?

That's a pity! I'm going to the Northern School of Contemporary Dance, and they don't have any accommodation of their own. How about you?
Reply 5
hi i am studying ba hons dance at leeds uni and my lesson are at the northern contemporary theatre :biggrin: i have got a viewing for the IQ accommodation on the 19th April. going to look at the rooms and stuff :smile: and it is only aprox 20 minute walk from IQ to the theatre :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
That's a pity! I'm going to the Northern School of Contemporary Dance, and they don't have any accommodation of their own. How about you?

Well I'm going to be studying nursing at Leeds uni! Can't wait, I like the fact that if I stay at IQ I'm with a range of different people all studying different things :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kimparry95
hi i am studying ba hons dance at leeds uni and my lesson are at the northern contemporary theatre :biggrin: i have got a viewing for the IQ accommodation on the 19th April. going to look at the rooms and stuff :smile: and it is only aprox 20 minute walk from IQ to the theatre :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome! okay cool, let me know what it's like, but I think that's what I'll go with too.
Hey im starting at leeds met this september and would highly reccomend IQ! My best friend has stayed there over the past year and im staying there this year too cause of it, its greatly placed about a ten minute walk from the city centre, cheap and very modern, all people ive met over the past year have been lovely and the rooms are so nice with an ensuite! :smile: safe and secure grounds too. hope this helps!
Reply 9
Original post by kelliewellsx
Hey im starting at leeds met this september and would highly reccomend IQ! My best friend has stayed there over the past year and im staying there this year too cause of it, its greatly placed about a ten minute walk from the city centre, cheap and very modern, all people ive met over the past year have been lovely and the rooms are so nice with an ensuite! :smile: safe and secure grounds too. hope this helps!

What will you be studying?! I'm not sure wether to stay in the quiet block but I hope it's not too quiet!
Original post by bel4848
What will you be studying?! I'm not sure wether to stay in the quiet block but I hope it's not too quiet!

Ill be studying from criminology but starting from year 2 as ive done my first year at home :smile: i think the quiet block is quiet but not any less social than the others, but the first year block isnt loud either, either way its a nice place :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by kelliewellsx
Ill be studying from criminology but starting from year 2 as ive done my first year at home :smile: i think the quiet block is quiet but not any less social than the others, but the first year block isnt loud either, either way its a nice place :smile:

Thank you, definitely going to book IQ now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending