The Student Room Group

OCR B Physics - The spawn of Satan

It's driving me nuts, since the beginning of the year I've been looking for reasonably good physics guides for revision. OCR B is the hardest thing to find materials for revision, sucks :frown:

I've used the CGP Book, The Advancing Physics text book, even Wikibooks!
None of them seem to be remotely useful at all.

If anyone who does OCR B who has good revision notes thingys, please share with!

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by lilypear
It's driving me nuts, since the beginning of the year I've been looking for reasonably good physics guides for revision. OCR B is the hardest thing to find materials for revision, sucks :frown:

I've used the CGP Book, The Advancing Physics text book, even Wikibooks!
None of them seem to be remotely useful at all.

If anyone who does OCR B who has good revision notes thingys, please share with!

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this AS?

it is probably the hardest board because lets face it the resources arent made for studying from, rather just reading interesting stuff about. and everyone knows the textbook isnt a real textbook (more like a storybook)

I didnt pay a huge amount of attention in lessons because it was quite boring so i literally learnt all the content for each exam the week before each (dont do this, i barely slept as i had loads of maths exams as well)

But what i did was use this book mainly, as well as others occassionally such as Roger muncaster: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-Physics-Science-Steve-Adams/dp/0199146802 (though im sure any good physics book would do the trick); to completely relearn everything mentioned on the spec and just make sure i fully understood it (theres no need to memorise anything this way) and the exam questions are certainly non-standard on the whole, unlike other exam boards, so it really tests your understanding.

in that way, this is a good exam board because it isnt just a test of regurgitation, rather actual physics knowledge. Also, do the oldspec (legacy) papers included on the website for extra resources as more practice can only be better.

CGP guide is actually good for this board, usually i hate them, but everyone in my class used it last year. I didnt myself, but a lot of those people got As, though not as high as me UMSwise, so do use it. im going to read throgh the A2 one this year

Hope that helped, thats what i will do for the A2 exams this year, in a few weeks hopefully :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest