The Student Room Group

Whats the worst thing you've put up with in a relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
He used to come out with little comments that made me insecure about my image. Commenting on my make-up and size. Haha, hilarious since I'm a size 8 but he once told me a top I was wearing made me look fat.

The killer for me though was his complete lack of supportiveness during two major things in my life: my decision to go back to college to do my A-levels and a pretty nasty time in my life during which I was depressed and at the point at which I was beginning to hurt myself. Apparently though my problems were insignificant because I hadn't been to a warzone (he'd been deployed in Iraq until the year before most of this). That was the final straw and I split up from him. Two years on and I'm so much happier.
Manipulation/mental ****ery/control issues/drugs etc

But yanno, it's all totally fine at the end of the day because they love you, and that's all that matters, right?...:unimpressed:
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't taken crap from strangers, teachers, (ex) best friends, and especially not ex partners. I don't think so. If you value yourself, you'd value your own self worth. You owe to yourself, not to anyone else (IMO).

(I must be the only black one here!)

I'm here thinking the exact same thing :s-smilie:

Not to sound insensitive to others, but I just can't imagine ever putting up with anything like the crap that people here have.
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry, but ya'll are W-E-A-K. Didn't yo mother's tell you from a young age to not take S%*t from ANYONE?!?!

I haven't taken crap from strangers, teachers, (ex) best friends, and especially not ex partners. I don't think so. If you value yourself, you'd value your own self worth. You owe to yourself, not to anyone else (IMO).

(I must be the only black one here!)

Well aren't you a naive little one. :rolleyes:
Life happens and mistakes are made, you can't always expect things and relationships to go the way you expect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending